PDA

View Full Version : Oops!

Ronnie K.
04-14-2002, 12:32 PM
OOPS!,

Can you help me? I'm a commercial real estate guy with a great love for gardening.

I left a building owner with the impression that I was capable of calling out landscape plants for his recently completed bldg. I am far from qualified to do that. My limited knowledge of plant names and species impressed him.

Sooooo... he asked me to handle the landcaping. Here's what he has: Fifteen 8' triangle planters in front of his building.

Should I plant the same plants in each planter? Or should I group the same plants every 2, or 3 planters? And what plants do you recommend? Do I plant them in the middle of the triangle with ground cover around them? ::confused:

I live in Ca. San Fernando Valley. It's hot here, and all plants are in direct sun.

Please help me!!!:angel:

Ronnie K.
xtream@earthlink.net:eek:

kermit
04-14-2002, 02:01 PM
I have an idea, hire a landscaper you ****. We make our livings with our knowledge, just as you do. We don't ask you to sell our properties for free; don't ask us to work for free. This forum is for professionals to share information, not for people looking to steal the food out of our mouths!

Lanelle
04-14-2002, 02:02 PM
Are the planters raised or ground level? Is there a lot of pedestrian traffic around them? Basically a little more site info would help us here. Also, appropriate ultimate height of plantings? Of course trying to design something site unseen is risky at best. Hiring a local designer would be much more professional with more predictable results. Most of us don't deal with California plantings.

PAPS
04-14-2002, 02:33 PM
Yea... try hiring a professional landscaper, and stick to selling real estate.

kris
04-14-2002, 03:53 PM
What kind of budget are you working with ?.. Go to a local nursery for some help .. If you can't spring for a full design perhaps you can pay someone for a couple of hours- consultation.
Good luck with it.