PDA

View Full Version : Reseeding with billy goat? Too late?

WETSCAPE
07-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi all. I recently redid my entire front yard. I am thinking of pulling the Billy Goat out one more time before Sept-Oct and hitting it one more time (I realize thats probably the best time). Would this be a waste of seed time and effort or would I see good results? The area gets watered and also gets very much sunlight. The reason I am thinking of doing this is that it looks very week and am starting to see some crabgrass, my thoughts were the more seed the better to help choke out the crabgrass and thicken the lawn up.
Thanks.....for any replys.

WETSCAPE
07-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Ehhh did it anyway.....

bigslick7878
07-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Seed is just going to burn up,pointless this time of year.

WETSCAPE
07-13-2009, 02:01 PM
So seed can't be set in summer? Even with a sprinkler system......

bigslick7878
07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
So seed can't be set in summer? Even with a sprinkler system......

Uphill battle.

With the competition from weeds and the long hot days it just isnt going to work.Might get some germination but compared to fall it wont even be close.And you said the area is in full sun that makes it even harder,if it was partial shade you might have a chance.

Just water the hell out of it and see what happens but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

LawnSolutionsCP
07-25-2009, 06:25 PM
They are correct.

It will come in nice to start with, but burn up or die due to fungus from over watering trying to keep it alive during the hot, humid, summers.

If the summer is dry and you water correctly, you have a chance.

If you try it in Sept, it is hard to screw it up as long as you water some.

WETSCAPE
07-25-2009, 09:29 PM
So far so good. The rain and the temp gods have been on my side so far! It seems to have perked everything up. Now if I can finally finish off the crabgrass on the side yard (this area was not done), with some drive or acclaim. I will be just in time to reseed this fall.