PDA

View Full Version : Where are the landfills???

AA961JESTER
04-14-2002, 07:04 PM
I am trying to locate a place in central NJ that I can dump landscape co-mingled landscape waste. I dont mind paying because I pass on the cost. I work out of East Brunswick NJ an the local center wont take anything from contractors. I am trying to contact someone from edgeboro but am unsure if they take prome private companies. Farmers in the area don't want the stuff. I am talking tree limbs, waste sod, thatch, rocks, stumps, and the sort. PS I did a thread search but didn't find anything helpful, and I dont have space on my lot to start composting.

General Grounds
04-14-2002, 09:31 PM
:blob3: jester, you can go to E Bunyon on old bridge englishtown road/527 off of rt.18, they just raised prices and are getting very expensive, 14.00 per yard for leavesand grass, i recently got a dumpster del. to my yard and load it w/ my skid steer, and cost me 200 for a 40 yard container. tony

jeffyr
04-15-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by General Grounds
, they just raised prices and are getting very expensive, 14.00 per yard for leavesand grass,

$14 in northern NJ is a steal right now. I went to a tranfer station (not organic) because it is close to me and they were getting $25 per yard ! The thing is I had a little over 4 yards and I was only charged $30. ???? I was expecting a $100 charge so I kept my mouth shut and drove away. I have a feeling I was supposed to grease the hand that estimated my load at $30 though......guess I'll find out next time.
:rolleyes:
This is a real problem in NJ right now.

jeffyr

ohiolawnguy
04-15-2002, 09:37 PM
wow, i feel for you guys. the city of akron has a dump for lawn debris, but it is a ripoff. comparable to the prices you guys mention.

we have many different dump sites, and prices vary from free to $10.00 a truck, to $12.50 a yard. obviously, we try to go to the free one when possible.

Ground Master
04-15-2002, 10:03 PM
Here in Colorado Springs, we were lucky for years. We used to dump yard debris at a site that was being reclaimed from strip mining. This went on for 8 years or so.

Now we dump at a facility that recycles yard debris. They charge 9 to 12 dollars for a fully loaded truck (with side boards loaded to cab height).

Whats unbelievable is the guys that complain about having to pay after it was free for so many years.

BRL
04-16-2002, 03:59 PM
Jester,
There is a place called Iron Leaf over in Edison that takes that stuff & they sell mulch & top soil etc. I'll give you the directions here. If you need more, send me a PM or E-mail. Its off of Route 514. Easiest way for you is Route 18 North to Route 1 North to 514 East. About a mile from there will be Meadow Road at the light with the Mill St Pub on the right (might be a different name these days, but look for the bar LOL). Make a right there and the place will be about a half mile or so on the left. If you land in the Raritan River, you passed it ;)