PDA

View Full Version : New company with price sheet woes!

SuperiorLandscapeServices
07-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Hello everyone. I've been a lurker on lawnsite for a year or so and this is my first post, so take it easy :waving:

My wife and I have recently started our own part time landscape business. I've worked for a local municipality for 7 years now and know exactly what I'm doing, but have no idea what to charge for things such as trimming hedges, bushes, irrigation repairs, etc...

I'm used to using ANY equipment I need to get the job done. But now that I've started part time, I don't know what to charge for, except mowing, that's pretty straight forward (based on difficulty, area, equipment needed, etc...)

Could any of you in the north Texas area help me out with my price sheet?

Thank in advance for your time! :)

JNyz
07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Just bill by the hour. If you think the job will take one hour, charge 60.00 per man hour. Two hours would be 120.00. If you have a crew of two and work 1 total hour you would charge 120.00.

daveyo
07-13-2009, 09:01 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

daveyo
07-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Just bill by the hour. If you think the job will take one hour, charge 60.00 per man hour. Two hours would be 120.00. If you have a crew of two and work 1 total hour you would charge 120.00.

Figure out your costs first. Your fixed costs, and your job costs, don't forget recovery either. That would be a start but a damn good one. Can't be in business (for long anyway) without knowing whats needed to run it.

SuperiorLandscapeServices
07-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Thank yall very much for your replies. Yall have been very helpful.

Hizoot
07-17-2009, 07:18 AM
Good luck getting 60 dollars an hour per man in Texas for unskilled labor....

:laugh:

JNyz
07-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Good luck getting 60 dollars an hour per man in Texas for unskilled labor....

:laugh:

How much do plumbers and electricians get per hour in Texas?

Hizoot
07-18-2009, 07:41 AM
I can send my 14 yr old grandson out to mow or pick up leaves.....grandaughter too. I sure as heck would not want them to wire or plumb anything.

JNyz
07-18-2009, 10:03 AM
I can send my 14 yr old grandson out to mow or pick up leaves.....grandaughter too. I sure as heck would not want them to wire or plumb anything.

I would love to see them show up at one of my 1 million dollar plus properties I maintain and do the same quality work my crew can do. Oh, my crew can plumb for ponds and wire for irr.

Good luck trying to figure out the landscape biz.

g21
07-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey, welcome. This should be a very exciting time for you and your wife. The landscape maintenance business has given me and my family a great life. I was very fortunate to be around some very talanted people who gave me some very valuable direction with my career and it paid big dividends! I in turn started a landscape association to do just that...pass that information on to people exactly like you. ALMA's specialty is giving you axactly the kind of info you are looking for. Helping you understand your true costs, how to price out your work, how to market your company, etc. Whenever you need help, we'll be right there for you! Whats the cost? 10 bucks a month. Really no gimmicks! 10 bucks a month and you are going to have every resource you need, right at your fingertips! Test me...you won't be sorry!