PDA

View Full Version : Electric connection?

Evan528
04-14-2002, 11:08 PM
Next week I am going to be installing my first Pond. I am going to be using a aquascape kit. I have read the book and feel fairly confident in the installation process. The one area where Im fuzzy is the connection to electricity. The pond is going to be installed about 15 ft from the house. How deep in the ground does the wiring need to go? what kind of cord? and pointers? Thanks in advance for your help!

diginahole
04-14-2002, 11:27 PM
I'd sub the wiring out to an electrician. You need to install a GFCI near the skimmer, no extention cords. Code around here says direct bury cable needs to be down 24".

Stonehenge
04-15-2002, 12:27 AM
Yup. Call and check on code. If it's sheathed in conduit, you may not need to go very deep. Hook up with an electrician - you can run the conduit and mount the GFCI, so all the hired gun needs to do is hook up the wiring.

Good luck!

Lance Takara
04-15-2002, 06:36 PM
No matter how simple the task, only the electrician is licensed to do the work you are inquiring about. It's a liability issue. For the relatively small amount of money, get the licensed and insured person to do the work. It's not worth the gamble - a "no brainer"