PDA

View Full Version : Aerator Advice

rwnail
07-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Can a ryan greensaire ga-24 golf aerator be used on regular lawns with 3" grass

turfcobob
07-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Yes it can, if you want to spend lots of money on parts and repairs. The machine can basically poke holes in wood. But you will bend slides, knock it out of time and other not so nice failures. It is designed to be used on nice sandy greens. Thus the name Greensaire 24........

a plus bob
07-13-2009, 05:28 PM
You cant go wrong with a Turfco Aerator.I have 2 no down time ever both still have the original tines !! Thumbs Up

americanlawn
07-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Our most popular aerators are TURFCO. We have 4 or 5 other aerators (Ryan, LESCO, and Bluebird) that we've accumulated over the years that my guys never use (low hours/like new & they're for sale).

The aerators my guys always fight over = TURFCO (with stand-on chariot) so they can ride instead of walk. They're fast too. Tight areas - just hop off the chariot & walk behind it when needed. Very nice plugs too. :usflag:

foreplease
07-14-2009, 06:09 AM
We have 4 or 5 other aerators (Ryan, LESCO, and Bluebird) ...(low hours/like new & they're for sale).

Do you have a thread in "Equipment & Parts Marketplace" with any more information on that? I wouldn't call myself extremely intersted, but somewhat interested. I wish I did have a GA-24, actually, because I know they work well and have spent hundreds of hours using them. They are a pain in the neck to keep running though. I do have an old GA-60 that needs work.

rwnail: yes, you can use a GA-24 and will get great hole depth and pattern, but they are very heavy and tend to track or cause rutting, in addition to being difficult to maintain.

Plug It Lawn Aeration
07-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Look at Lawn Solutions aerators. The video is posted on this site somewhere. I recently purchased one. It's amazing.

bigslick7878
07-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Look at Lawn Solutions aerators. The video is posted on this site somewhere. I recently purchased one. It's amazing.

None of the videos work.

I tried to find one last night.

None on the lawn solutions website either.

hackitdown
07-18-2009, 01:47 PM
I have a GA-24. It make the best plugs you can imagine. But it is sloooowww.

group501
07-30-2009, 10:48 PM
We have a Lawn Solutions aerator and a Classen split drive. We love the Lawn Solutions unit and would like to get the stand on next year. The reverse gear enables you to get into tight areas and then back out without ever lifting the tines. This unit pulls nice plugs and is built like a tank. The hydro drive makes it easy to load and unload and takes most of the fatigue out of aerations. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

LawnSolutionsCP
07-30-2009, 11:01 PM
If your looking for videos of our producst, check out our website.

www.LawnSolutionsCP.Com

Thanks

David

jfoxtrot9
08-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Our most popular aerators are TURFCO. We have 4 or 5 other aerators (Ryan, LESCO, and Bluebird) that we've accumulated over the years that my guys never use (low hours/like new & they're for sale).

The aerators my guys always fight over = TURFCO (with stand-on chariot) so they can ride instead of walk. They're fast too. Tight areas - just hop off the chariot & walk behind it when needed. Very nice plugs too. :usflag:

Hey Americanlawn,

Now that you guys have some Lawn Solutions aerators, can you give an update on your "aerator fleet"? Popular, favorites, etc...

Thanks!