PDA

View Full Version : BFG All Terrains wore fast

theguynextdoor
07-13-2009, 03:25 AM
Last October I put BFG TA K/O All Terrains on my 98 Dodge 2500. The truck is supposed to have E range tires on it of course. I told the guys at Sears I need the E range, not D. Here I am 8,000 miles later and there's not much left of my rear tires. I don't drive the truck hard or do burn outs. I looked at them and saw that the idiots did put the D range tires on, NOT E.

Do I have a case to have Sear's replace them, or does the Load range not affect the wear. I do pull a trailer daily in the summer and plow in the winter.

SimonCX
07-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Try it, if the recipt states that you paid for e load then who knows anything is woth a try sears isn't to bad when it comes to returns. I know on my chevy the 285's only have about 200lbs difference in d and e load, the real difference is a slightly stiffer sidewall.

Gravel Rat
07-14-2009, 02:12 AM
If you are running stock 235 rubber and they installed D rated rubber which is supposed to be E rated tires yes they will wear out quicker than they should especailly if the truck is a diesel or it is a V-10 powered truck. Pulling a trailer will wear the tire because as you power into it the D rated tire is seeing more stress.

Its worth a shot to see if Sears will do anything. You should have gotten more than 8000 miles yes BFG tires do wear out fast.

mdlwn1
07-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Im a long time off road guy. Bfgoodrich at's are awesome traction tires.....But they arent suited for anything heavy if your looking for mileage. They just wont last on the road..no matter what spec you buy. You can see 30k on a jeep if you maintian perfect tire pressure, but under a load on a heavy truck...10k sounds about right.