PDA

View Full Version : Brown Patchs in Bermuda

TexasFire221
07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Can some of your seasoned guys help me out. I have these brown areas in bermuda and im not sure what it is from. This grass is about 6 months old. Any help would be appreciated. Could it be heat coming off the wall? Its only been 105 here for the last two weeks.

csliwinski316
07-21-2009, 11:40 PM
You just need to water that grass 3-6 hours a day to keep it moist. With that kind of heat it seems like your grass is dehydrated and you need to water the heck out of that grass to just keep it moist.

ROMANS 10:9 That if you speak with your mouth JESUS IS LORD and believe in your heart that GOD raised him from the dead, YOU WILL BE SAVED!!!
GOD BLESS ALL,
CARL

Think Green
07-22-2009, 12:30 AM
That looks like heat or drought stress to me..
The walls do get hot and radiate outward........and with the lack of proper soil moisture, the turf is beyond wilting. A lawn will need one inch of water each week to provide adequate growing. That equates to 624 gallons of water per 1,000 sq.ft. of turfgrass area. High spots are affected most and the low spots are worse. Take a skoal can and place it under the shower spray of your sprinkler, and when it fills up, then it is time to move the water. If you have a watering system, then do the same and monitor the time it takes to fill up the can at 1". If you water 3 days a week then divide that time by 3 to get how many minutes per station per time to water.

If this sounds confusing.........p.m. me and I will go a different route of explaining!
Since you are in Texas.........what kind of turf is this? It looks like Zoysia to me!!