PDA

View Full Version : Spot Spraying With Tri Mec

Taneli
07-13-2009, 07:53 PM
this is going to be a dumb question and i am pretty sure i know the answer i just want to check so i dont screw up. i know u cant spread a weed and feed when temps are above 85 becuase of risk of buring the lawn but can u spot spray with tri mec or is there a risk of burning the grass with that.

RigglePLC
07-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Trimec up to 85. Well...Lesco Eliminate says, "Do not spray when air tempeerature exceeds 90... Use reduced rate when grass is stressed due to drought or heat etc." So you decide--if you think grass is stressed--use reduced rate. If grass in your opinion is not under stress--go for it. Don't overdose it. And be ready to resod your mistakes. I suspect the southern lawn care people do this all the time.

Taneli
07-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Trimec up to 85. Well...Lesco Eliminate says, "Do not spray when air tempeerature exceeds 90... Use reduced rate when grass is stressed due to drought or heat etc." So you decide--if you think grass is stressed--use reduced rate. If grass in your opinion is not under stress--go for it. Don't overdose it. And be ready to resod your mistakes. I suspect the southern lawn care people do this all the time.

Thanks alot that is what i thought the label on my bottle of Tri Mec fell off. We have got alot of rain lately so i should be okay ill give it a test run first before i spray the whole yard. Again thanks for the reply

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks alot that is what i thought the label on my bottle of Tri Mec fell off. We have got alot of rain lately so i should be okay ill give it a test run first before i spray the whole yard. Again thanks for the reply

You would be able to google up PBI Gordon's and find the Trimec label online as a PDF (whatever verson of Trimec you have).

Be careful of very high temps or spraying drought stressed turf. If you are cooler and have gotten good rainfall prior, should be good to go with that amine.

lawn king
07-14-2009, 05:48 AM
When temps exceed 85 i pull the plug on weed spraying, its not worth having a meltdown! Most lawns can wait until the next round, if not i will go back to hit the weeds on a cooler day.

mdlwn1
07-14-2009, 06:00 AM
I would think anyone in the northeast can get away with a weed app this year. Also...days that reach 85 for an hour or two are WAAAY different than a week or two of above 80 all day long.

Taneli
07-14-2009, 06:30 PM
I would think anyone in the northeast can get away with a weed app this year. Also...days that reach 85 for an hour or two are WAAAY different than a week or two of above 80 all day long.

That is a very good point and we have had a lot of rain this year and grass is looking pretty helathy