PDA

View Full Version : And you thought your day was bad??

turf hokie
07-13-2009, 09:35 PM
I did not want to put this in the "My new Ride" thread, I did not want to be reminded every time I posted in that thread.

Going to take the new truck to get it rhino lined. Get in and the arm rest on the driver seat broke.

It gets better....

Blowing tranny fluid all over the road. Call for the tow truck.

They send a flat bed?? Not sure about this... I tell the driver... if you put it on it's your responsibility, I am not telling you to do it.

turf hokie
07-13-2009, 09:37 PM
WAIT.....it gets better.....

All I can say is I told you so......after it hits a bridge.

turf hokie
07-13-2009, 09:38 PM
The truck only has 4200 miles on it and only 200 of them are mine. All of those miles are from driving it to get it lettered and so the rhino lining guy could give me an estimate. Has not seen any work yet.

So how was your Monday??

NattyLawn
07-13-2009, 09:44 PM
That sucks. I had the box truck on a flatbed once when the alternator went. Luckily the driver knew where he could and couldn't go with power lines and bridges. The route to the mechanic's was a little longer, but the truck arrived with no additional damage.

Az Gardener
07-13-2009, 09:48 PM
My brother-in-laws A/C went out Sat it was 113. Sun 115, today 115 He lives in an apt. they tell him it will be fixed Wed.:dizzy: I told him to get a hotel and a lawyer.

turf hokie
07-13-2009, 09:52 PM
We did end up going a longer route. But the bridge we hit was on the New York State Thruway. Not exactly a back road....

phasthound
07-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Oh God that sucks!

My Monday was better. Sorry.

jbturf
07-13-2009, 10:26 PM
that sucks i feel for u--
but trust me that it happens to all of us

back in 04, i had just got a new enclosed trailer, and i was in my 1st week of using
it after gettin it all lettered and setup etc...i was stopped at red light in a line of
traffic, i hear this loud screaching sound, some jackazz just walked outa the bar jumped in his rig and floored it out the parking lot, only he forgot to turn and went right into my new trailer. The idiot even had his two kids in the back seat, i almost beat him sensless.
anyway, serious damage, insurance refused to replace trailer, they sent it back to the manufacturer in ME and i got it back 2 months later. the insurance company paid out more in the end than i had paid for it all brand new in the beginning?
i was steamed, but they made my trailer just as new

hope things are taken care of swiftly 4 you
g/l

Whitey4
07-13-2009, 10:50 PM
That sucks... but I laid 2k of sod today by myself on my own dime to repair a lawn I smoked... got to the site at 7am, left at 9pm, and not done yet. I'd say we both had bad Mondays, eh?

RigglePLC
07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Ouch! Tomorrow will be better. Can't be worse.

cod8825
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Whitey4:

That must of taken some serious time to roll a whole yard and smoke it. JK kidding. Maybe it has something to do with people living in New York. Hope it gets better for both of you.

Matt

turf hokie
07-13-2009, 10:56 PM
That sucks... but I laid 2k of sod today by myself on my own dime to repair a lawn I smoked... got to the site at 7am, left at 9pm, and not done yet. I'd say we both had bad Mondays, eh?

That is a rough one too. Sweating your arse off and cursing yourself all day I bet.

turf hokie
07-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Ouch! Tomorrow will be better. Can't be worse.

Darn Skippy, I figure at this point I might as well joke about it, or curl up in a corner and cry, not quite sure yet.

turf hokie
07-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Whitey4:

That must of taken some serious time to roll a whole yard and smoke it. JK kidding. Maybe it has something to do with people living in New York. Hope it gets better for both of you.

Matt

:cry: damatt, that was almost funny:cry:

You know what it is.....we have had 3 straight days of sun and no rain. We dont know what the h3ll to do with ourselves. We are so used to not working on a regular basis....I think we need training wheels all over again.

Mowingman
07-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad day. Well, the upside is that you will be getting a brand new box for your truck, compliments of the towing company's insurance.

ted putnam
07-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Saw the pics. That really SUX! So what was the first stop? Auto/ body repair or transmission shop??

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Jeez - worst thing that happened to me today is breaking a mower belt and having my customer help me put on the new one. Talk about embarassing....

Hope things are better for you tomorrow.

Runner
07-14-2009, 01:17 AM
I think the fuel pump went out on one of my mowers (Lazer 26 hp Kohler). It has been seeming to be sort of dragging lately - when first priming before being turned over, but it just doesn't do anything now. The mower cranks over strong, PTO works, just no fuel pump buzzing. I will check the relay in the morning, but I think it's probably the pump. Anyone ever change one of these before?

kirk1701
07-14-2009, 01:21 AM
My Monday is in the off topic forum

As for the truck, I was thinking that was a bit high before ever having scrolled down.

Also thinking top heavy, turn a sharp curve and wham! on the side it goes.

lawn king
07-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Thats a drag, but look at the bright side. In a couple of weeks you will have that truck set up sweet and be laughing whan it starts pouring rain!!

turf hokie
07-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad day. Well, the upside is that you will be getting a brand new box for your truck, compliments of the towing company's insurance.

I wish that was the case, there was nothing wrong with the box, I have not even gotten the payment book yet.....

turf hokie
07-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Thats a drag, but look at the bright side. In a couple of weeks you will have that truck set up sweet and be laughing whan it starts pouring rain!!

That is why I got it, but right now I would get wet if it started raining.:cry:

Whitey4
07-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Whitey4:

Matt

It's funnier today than it was yesterday, now that my nightmare is over. :rolleyes::)

One man (even a 54 year old) can lay 2.2k of sod solo in a day and a half. I pray that I never have to test that statement again.

Hokie, so how long will it take to get this lemon fixed? Is it off the road for now?

turf hokie
07-14-2009, 05:14 PM
It's funnier today than it was yesterday, now that my nightmare is over. :rolleyes::)

One man (even a 54 year old) can lay 2.2k of sod solo in a day and a half. I pray that I never have to test that statement again.

Hokie, so how long will it take to get this lemon fixed? Is it off the road for now?

Tranny is fixed. Apparently there was a line that was not properly clamped to the tranny cooler and it blew off. Took them about 10 minutes to fix it. The tow company drove it down to Lodi, NJ to have the roof replaced. Should have it back by Friday.