PDA

View Full Version : New Z Spray Junior

EVM
07-13-2009, 10:29 PM
I got my new Z Spray Junior on Friday and boy is this a sweet unit. I will never miss another day of dragging a hose or sporting/shaking a back pack sprayer in 90 degree weather again. It was funny the first time I sprayed with the machine. I sprayed a 6K house looked back at the house after I was done and realized; I had no sweat pouring down my face, there was no hose to drag back and reel in, no kinks, no snags, no big sweaty rubber gloves, and yeah the house was actually finished. Then I drove down the street on my Z and sprayed two more houses minus the hose. I think it would have taken me the better part of 1 1/2 to 2 hours (pulling the hose in moving the truck) to spray those houses. I did it with the Z in 20 minutes and I am a rookie on that machine. Not to mention the time NOT wasted putting water in the skid tank.

I had the awesome people over at LT Rich build me a custom Z with an additional pump on the auxiliary tank (going to put a pump on the other auxiliary tank also for spraying shrubs). One of the specialty tanks is run to the boom where it has its own two nozzles. Giving me the ability to simultaneously spot spray herbicide @ 1/3 gallon per K as I blanket spray fungicide out of the 8 foot boom at 1 gallon per K. I was able to get a momentary switch on the speed bar for using the specialty tank.

It was a great experience buying the machine from LT Rich. Willy was really helpful with telling/showing/demoing how to operate the machine effectively. Andy was great with understanding my needs on the machine and building the machine to suit my needs. Every time I had a question and called LT or Willy they always answered the phone, EVEN ON SUNDAY.

I do not have any pics of the unit yet but I will post them soon. The Z Spray is one beasty unit.

nighthawk117
07-13-2009, 10:56 PM
You wrote all that and you didnt post any pics?? Shame on you :nono: :)

EVM
07-13-2009, 11:03 PM
You wrote all that and you didnt post any pics?? Shame on you :nono: :)

Oh I forgot, my legs were dry instead of all sweaty from wearing protective leg gear over the top of my regular pants.

Pics coming this week, i phone camera stinks.

nighthawk117
07-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Gotta love the Z , no more :walking:.

rcreech
07-14-2009, 07:32 AM
EVM,

Glad you like!

The guys at LT Rich are top notch! Their customer service is almost better then their near perfect unit!

Thought you were going with the T after reading Rayholio's review?

Looking foreword to your custom unit pics!

CHARLES CUE
07-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Good luck with your new z cant wait to see the photos
So did you switch to granular product now great move on your part
Charles Cue

americanlawn
07-14-2009, 09:12 PM
EVM - Congrats buddy, quality ride-on's are the way to go.

Questions: Does the "eight foot boom" ever pose issues regarding small lawns w/ornamentals? How 'bout narrow areas? On slopes, do you go back & forth or up & down? How does it perform on wet grass w/slopes? How fast do you go while spreading & spraying? Does it have a faster "transport speed"? How easy is it to operate the deflector shield? Does it have a spot spray wand, or do you use a hose reel with a lawn gun? How do you transport this unit? rscvp, Thanks. :usflag:

Grandview
07-14-2009, 09:57 PM

Questions: Does the "eight foot boom" ever pose issues regarding small lawns w/ornamentals? How 'bout narrow areas? On slopes, do you go back & forth or up & down? How does it perform on wet grass w/slopes? How fast do you go while spreading & spraying? Does it have a faster "transport speed"? How easy is it to operate the deflector shield? Does it have a spot spray wand, or do you use a hose reel with a lawn gun? How do you transport this unit? rscvp, Thanks. :usflag:

He got it on Friday. Give the guy some time.

EVM
07-14-2009, 09:58 PM
EVM,
Thought you were going with the T after reading Rayholio's review?

I was looking at both machines and the bottom line was.....
For the money, the Z just can't be beat, the Z is much more flexible for my needs. I can have three different tank mixes on the actual unit "Just like you". I do not have to worry about cleaning tanks because now I have a dedicated tank right on the machine for spraying trees & shrubs. I don't like wasting time doing things like cleaning tanks etc.

I was spreading granule today with out breaking a sweat, the machine is so nice.

rcreech
07-14-2009, 10:05 PM
I was looking at both machines and the bottom line was.....
For the money, the Z just can't be beat, the Z is much more flexible for my needs. I can have three different tank mixes on the actual unit "Just like you". I do not have to worry about cleaning tanks because now I have a dedicated tank right on the machine for spraying trees & shrubs. I don't like wasting time doing things like cleaning tanks etc.

I was spreading granule today with out breaking a sweat, the machine is so nice.

Totally agree! :clapping:

GreenAcresFertCo.
07-14-2009, 10:08 PM

Why is it you ask all these questions that you know the answers too?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
07-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Why is it you ask all these questions that you know the answers too?

He has issues.....:rolleyes:

EVM
07-14-2009, 10:22 PM

Questions: Does the "eight foot boom" ever pose issues regarding small lawns w/ornamentals?How 'bout narrow areas? Not so sure because I have not sprayed any tricky areas but one would assume that since the boom collapses and can spray at 4ft everything should be ok on that front. I also have a total of 6 tips on the front of my unit so I am sure I can put different tip on the set of two for a non boom wide pattern.

On slopes, do you go back & forth or up & down? How does it perform on wet grass w/slopes? Not really wet here nor are there any real slopes that I do.

How fast do you go while spreading & spraying? Does it have a faster "transport speed"?

5 mph for spraying/spreading right now. The unit is so fast I do not even put the unit back on the trailer if I have to go around the block.

How easy is it to operate the deflector shield?
I do not use the deflector for curb strips (you can't feel comfortable with the tires riding on the curb plus the hopper is off set so you really have to hang the Z far out on the curb. I just calibrate the unit hopper/spinner for a 3 foot width and a 12 foot width settings so I can ride straight down the strip with out wasting chemical on over applying.

Does it have a spot spray wand, or do you use a hose reel with a lawn gun?

No wand just the gun but I will be getting a wand with a fan tip.

How do you transport this unit? rscvp, Thanks. :usflag:
Trailer

billyc
07-15-2009, 09:07 AM
American is under contract to ask all this stuff. Its the price of free equipment. All in good fun Larry.

Tscape
07-15-2009, 09:10 AM

:rolleyes: You are somethin else, man.

sprayboy
07-15-2009, 12:41 PM
American "broken record" lawn

spray master
07-15-2009, 10:10 PM

SKIP,SKIP, SKIP Larry your record is SKIPPING again. Maybe you can down load some songs now to catch up with the times.