PDA

View Full Version : Negotiations between a Pesticice Applicator and a Grass Cutting landscaper

drobin
07-14-2009, 09:49 AM
This being my 1st year as a pesticide applicator I was excited to gain accounts. I had some lawn cutting accounts but was looking to phase out. An aquiantance "John" of mine approached me about doing a joint venture. He basically walked into a honey deal where some guy was getting out of the mowing business all together and gave him 20 prime lawns in a expensive neighborhood for 300 dollars. 10 of the lawns needed applications, 8 good accounts 2 so so, and since he wasnt certified he brought me aboard to do the applications. In return I gave him about 6 lawns but they were not primo lawns. Also 2 other lawns that were primo. . Also I would lend him my 60 inch exmark whenever he was in a jam. He used it 3 times. Also I would treat his lawn for free, 18 thousand sq feet. 4-5 Apps. He came to me after just using my mower and says that he feels like he is getting the short end of the stick. "I gave you primo properties and you gave me @#$%. Many of my lawns he is not doing anymore. He gave me 2 more leads and says I want to borrow your mower 1 day a week for the rest of the season and then Ill feel like were square. The engine on my mower has been replaced but the mower has about 1250 hours on it. I wanted to use this mower for aerating in the fall with a tow behind. Im reluctant to say yes as one breakdown will probably cost me 500 minimum. what would be a fair deal here? What do you recommend?

bigslick7878
07-15-2009, 12:39 AM
I don't see an issue with letting him use the mower for 1 day a week....at all.Matter of fact I think its the least you can do for what 4 months???

I mean he is kind of right if you think about it with the lawns you got.After all didn't HE come to YOU and let you in on the deal???

Come on.You are worried about 500 bucks MAYBE IF it breaks down??? How much are you making off those lawns you have every week???