PDA

View Full Version : Water Bottles???

jamaica plain
07-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Hi Guys,

I am looking to hear/see of any creative ways to store water bottles in a pickup truck.
On a daily basis I have six, 3 liter, water bottles rolling around the cab. It would be nice to hear how some other people deal with carrying water jugs for multiple people in one truck.

Thank you,

AI Inc
07-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Tell em all to bring their own cooler , throw em in the back.

JDiepstra
07-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Try a cooler.

ron mexico75
07-15-2009, 07:36 AM
pretty simple solution.........

http://www.igloocommercial.com/

ColliganLands
07-15-2009, 07:38 AM
i thorw mine in the cage on the front of the trailer or i bring my 5 gallon water cooler and it stays in the bed of the truck

jamaica plain
07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
wish my situation was so easy.I don't use a trailer, and so I use all the space in the bed for tool storage. I kinda like to have a place for everything to optimize space and make things easier, just haven't quite found a solution on the water bottles just yet. Thanks for the input:)

pclawncare
07-16-2009, 02:17 AM
can you put a 5 gallon jug like a gatorade jug somewhere on ur truck?

STIHL GUY
07-16-2009, 11:08 PM
they make brackets to mount gatorade jugs on the truck

LouisianaLawnboy
07-17-2009, 02:54 AM
Let everybody bring themselves a gallon of water.
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
07-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Let everybody bring themselves a gallon of water.
Posted via Mobile Device

But if they're riding in the same truck, you're still going to have the problem of the bottles not having a home.

This may sound stupid, but stand them up and put the seatbelt on them. Should do the trick. I have an extended cab, and I keep my 1 gallon water cooler in the middle seat in the back for easy access. It's heavy enough in the morning where it won't fall over, but in the afternoon, sometimes I'll throw the seatbelt about it.

LouisianaLawnboy
07-17-2009, 09:21 AM
But if they're riding in the same truck, you're still going to have the problem of the bottles not having a home.

This may sound stupid, but stand them up and put the seatbelt on them. Should do the trick. I have an extended cab, and I keep my 1 gallon water cooler in the middle seat in the back for easy access. It's heavy enough in the morning where it won't fall over, but in the afternoon, sometimes I'll throw the seatbelt about it.

You won't have 3 bottles for each guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
You won't have 3 bottles for each guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

True.

But they still don't have a home.

Brick One Lawns
07-20-2009, 07:30 PM
This is one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen.... just wanted to throw that in there...

A solution would be to take some MDF and make a console for them. should need 1/4 sheet of MDF at most. A drill, a jig saw, a tape measure, and a compass... I'll make you one for $50 plus shipping lol.

jamaica plain
07-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi Brick,
I don't know what MDF is?
Being that as it is, I am interested in having something built to solve this problem. Where do you think would be a good place to put this storage unit?
I don't use a trailer. My truck has a 2 ft metal box going around. One one side, attached to the box, is a Trimmertrap rack for two trimmers and 2 combination racks from Trimmertrap also.
On the otherside (drivers side) are two hedge trimmer sheaths.
Directly behind the cab, between the box, is where I store a ladder.
I can post some picks sometime this week if you really are interested.
G

dwight1moore
07-22-2009, 04:40 PM
bungee cord some old milk crates :)

Brick One Lawns
07-22-2009, 06:32 PM
MDF is like plywood. Do you have an extended cab truck or 4 door? If so then put it behind the center console or bench seat. Where the "hump" is for the drive shaft. Build basically a box that is formed around the "hump" then put some circular holes in it the size of the water bottle. It'll kind of look like an H and the lid would go on top of the H with the circular holes in it. Or buy those pouches that hang from glovebox or something... google cup holder.

jamaica plain
07-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi Brick,
I have a regular cab pickup. Thanks for the input.

Dwight, I like it! A simple and straight forward solution. I am actually thinking of making something along those lines, using some ideas from this thread.

The idea is to fold a thick piece of flat steel, so that on part will act as a ledge, and the other will be used to be bolted to the side of my box. With the ledge, I plan to rest a cooler on, and use bungees to hold it in place. As I think about it, I will probably want to have a lip bent up on the sides, so that the cooler won't slide. One major part of the plan, is the the ledge does not stick out too far from the bed. This will be on the drivers side, and need room for cars to pass on the narrow city streets that I work on.

I did get parts of this idea from others who posted. Thank you!!! I'll be sure to say your names in the next post...

jamaica plain
07-23-2009, 07:03 PM
I wanted to name those whose ideas' I plan to incorporate in the getting a water container on the truck. Rereading the thread, I realized that most everyone who posted had input that helped get me to my solution.
Thanks people!
GK

Tom'sLandscapeDesign
08-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Borrow a melk crate from somewhere. Convenience stores usually have them outside. A standard melk crate will hold 4 1 gallon jugs, 9 1/2 gallon jugs, 16 1/4 gallon jugs, or 16 20oz bottles.

MarcSmith
08-03-2009, 09:21 AM
http://www.sharpesafety.com/catalog/product-display.php3?ID=800

then bolt to the bed rail of the truck. Of coruse you still haev ot buy a water cooler...

in the morning you fill with ice (frozen milk jug of water) and water. and tell everyone to bring their own cup.

top does not get opened until the end of the day to dump old water. and no extra Gatorade bottles get dropped inside so you eliminate the "dirty hand" going for the bottle.

now all you have are a few cups rolling around...