PDA

View Full Version : Edging along a pool

DirtRider
07-15-2009, 01:16 PM
What are your tricks for keeping grass out of the pool? I have two accounts that have fescue lawns right up to the border of the pool. The pool border is no more than two feet. I can't ever seem to edge these without a fair amount of grass going in to the pool:cry:. Then of course I have to blow off the border which sends more grass in the pool. :dizzy:

Neither pools have one long straight border either, both have a couple of bends or curves to them.

Help.......

JoeKidd
07-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Those suck! I used to do one like that and the owner asked me if I could scoop the grass out the best I could after, it only took 5 mins so I did it.

Mowbizz
07-15-2009, 02:36 PM
I have a couple of those...you can't help throwing a little grass along the side...when I blow the grass off I hold my blower out over the water (as much as I can) and blow AWAY from the water back onto the grass...no one has complained yet...:drinkup:
Most of the grass gets sucked in by the skimmer anyway...not like it's DIRT or something...:dizzy:

DirtRider
07-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Alright, I really can't seem to keep the damn grass out of the pools so I did the next best thing. I bought a pool skimmer, and I skim the pools after I am done. It only takes a couple of minutes and I get 95% of the grass before it sinks. Done.

mowerdude777
07-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I think a blower vac would work to keep grass out if you uce the vac art instead of the blower around the pool

dtelawn
07-30-2009, 08:50 PM
I know this takes longer but after you have a good clean edge you can use a manual edger. I know it requires more time but it will eliminate the mess.

Also make sure the pump is running while you mow if possible. This will help skim the grass immediately.

ElephantNest
07-30-2009, 10:37 PM
If you have a helper, have him use the blower and blow it away from the pool as you edge.

STIHL GUY
07-31-2009, 12:49 AM
I have a couple of those...you can't help throwing a little grass along the side...when I blow the grass off I hold my blower out over the water (as much as I can) and blow AWAY from the water back onto the grass...no one has complained yet...:drinkup:
Most of the grass gets sucked in by the skimmer anyway...not like it's DIRT or something...:dizzy:

thats exactly what i do

Disgruntled_Veteran
07-31-2009, 01:31 AM
Its almost impossible to do this .. I just do it the easy way , get the pole net place it down behind me , edge that one side first then scoop the grass out , I think I lose 45 whopping seconds out of my time each side .. It doesnt have time to sink.. Same thing after I use the blower ..

trooper8870
07-31-2009, 06:33 PM
If you have a helper, have him use the blower and blow it away from the pool as you edge.

That's exactly what I do. It will eliminate the problem of grass in the pool.