PDA

View Full Version : Tree injections

Taneli
07-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Just wondering how many of you guys do tree injections and if you have heard of mauget. I am a licensed applicator and certified to use mauget but i totally forgot the formula to know how much chemical to use so i am also wondering if anyone has that info. I dont feel like buying the manual for like 80 bucks kinda seems like a waste. I got certified in college to use the product but have never sold a job using it and now a customer asked so i thought i would try to refresh my memory and see if i could provide that service for her.

Heidi J.
07-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Don't you just buy the capsules? We do.. aside from that, all I can advise is read the label, or call the dealer you got the chemicals for. Are you sure you mean Mauget and not Arbor Jet? Mauget's are expensive and you want to be sure you do it right.

Good luck,

Heidi J.

Taneli
07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah u just buy the capsules but u measure the circumference of the tree at DBH and based on that measurement is how many capsules u need to buy. I have only ever heard of Mauget. I have never heard of arbor jet. Is that what u use??

Heidi J.
07-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah u just buy the capsules but u measure the circumference of the tree at DBH and based on that measurement is how many capsules u need to buy. I have only ever heard of Mauget. I have never heard of arbor jet. Is that what u use??

No, we do Mauget. Would like to try Arbor Jet, but I have been researching the Pentra bark.. sounds interesting. I don't do it myself, so I don't know how to measure it off hand. Maybe you can find info here:

Mauget (http://www.mauget.com/)

Arborage articles (http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-90932387.html)

If not, call the rep. you brought the product from, they should be able to help..

:waving:

Think Green
07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
It is not just measure the DBH, drill the holes and insert the site tubes and go. You have to be able to surmise the ml. ratio's.
The capsules come in 2-4-6 ML. Depending on the DBH/6 gives you the # of capsules.
However, I have been licensed with them since 1995 and haven't sold any more products yet. The generation 2 caplets cured me of their product as being the demise of the system...
There were alot of factors down here that were effecting the uptake of the materials.
Our most troublesome insects are the souther-white pine borers--flat headed borer. Those darn resin test factiods, that Mauget sent me, weren't worth a crap. Too many weather and temperature invariations to predict the resin flow accurately. More product was wasted on guessing and no penetration.
I am looking into Pentrabark products for next season.

OOH!--The last time I contacted Mauget, it didn't help, and for the dealers of these products: They aren't much educated on a failing product line anyway!!

Taneli
07-16-2009, 10:39 PM
It is not just measure the DBH, drill the holes and insert the site tubes and go. You have to be able to surmise the ml. ratio's.
The capsules come in 2-4-6 ML. Depending on the DBH/6 gives you the # of capsules.
However, I have been licensed with them since 1995 and haven't sold any more products yet. The generation 2 caplets cured me of their product as being the demise of the system...
There were alot of factors down here that were effecting the uptake of the materials.
Our most troublesome insects are the souther-white pine borers--flat headed borer. Those darn resin test factiods, that Mauget sent me, weren't worth a crap. Too many weather and temperature invariations to predict the resin flow accurately. More product was wasted on guessing and no penetration.
I am looking into Pentrabark products for next season.

OOH!--The last time I contacted Mauget, it didn't help, and for the dealers of these products: They aren't much educated on a failing product line anyway!!

Yeah i tried contacting a mauget rep and he was usless no offense to him. I have never heard of pentrabark before i would def. like to know more info about it. I tried googling it but didnt find too much out. It seems like a very interesting product is it available??

Heidi J.
07-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Treestuff (http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=749)

Tree help (http://www.treehelp.com/ItemDesc.asp?IC=LG-3360)

Alot of PDF's when you google. Yes, It is available.

rcreech
07-16-2009, 11:05 PM
I use Arbor Jets, Quick Jet.

Right now, only treating for Ash Borer.

Works very well!

lilmarvin4064
07-17-2009, 02:46 PM
I know a guy who has an Arborjet. It's the most effective. Mauget is junk, maybe half as effective as Arborjet. You can sometimes bring a diseased tree back just by injecting it with calcium.

Rod, are you using the Treeage?

rcreech
07-17-2009, 08:41 PM

Yep.

Supposed to be one of the most effective products with 99% effeciacy and it may be a bi-annual treatment if not more.

a plus bob
07-18-2009, 10:23 AM
I always go with 6 inch spacing and the 2nd generation caps SUCK ! I have been using them since late 80 s and think Im going to switch.My chem rep. said they were having trees die using pentrabark ?

Heidi J.
07-18-2009, 10:43 AM
I know a guy who has an Arborjet. It's the most effective. Mauget is junk, maybe half as effective as Arborjet. You can sometimes bring a diseased tree back just by injecting it with calcium.

I wouldn't say Mauget is junk.. It just needs to be used at the proper time and for the proper cause. MI's can be very effective. I had a comatose dogwood in my yard come back to life after a few injections!

We have now started having a problem with EAB in our area. Where in lower Michigan, live Ash trees are an oddity. While I think MI's do work, I have been looking into the AJ Ivy Treage and Pentra Bark. I also want to get feed back on how each one works. I want to go against these borers with the best possible weapon.

:waving:

americanlawn
07-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Don't want to be rude, but what is the objective? Pest or nutrient deficiency?

Just wondering.

Yes, I have heard of Mauget.

rscvp, thanks

lilmarvin4064
07-21-2009, 08:31 PM
not too familiar with pentrabark (spray?) but trunk sprays, from what I've seen, are not very effective, maybe 25%. Mauget is like 50% effective and takes too long, too many, and are too much of a hassle. The Treeage product by Arborjet lasts 3 years and then only needs to be reapplied every 5 (went to a tree injection class). If the city of Chicago is willing to spend over 1 million $s on tree injections (Arborjet for EAB), I sure hope they are using the best.

I have seen before and after pictures of Arborjet calcium injections curing disease problems (on clay soil).