PDA

View Full Version : Overall helpfor a rookie

dadertgf
07-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi Zach and i was looking for some help with some questions i have. I have read many post on here and i am trying to figure out pricing nobody really has any numbers so i was looking for a number on mowing half acre full acre acre and a half and so on just a ball park estament would be awsome. Another question is that i no i need mowers, trimmers, blowers so on but i was wondering on what size and brand to get. Any help would be awsome.
Thanks
Zach

:usflag::confused::help:

dadertgf
07-17-2009, 01:33 PM
I see that there are 32 views comments would be apreciated thanks Zach

AVLC
07-17-2009, 07:06 PM
i would say half acre would be about 35-40 dollars depending on beds obstacles.
about 50 for an acre again its all based on how quick you can get out of there

for equipment i would use shindaiwa trimmers blowers if in your area we got 4 weedwackers that go out everyday and the half to be over ten years old very few problems and out blowers would have been about the same had they not been stolen. all shindaiwa equipment has been great for us.

now mowers it all depends on the porperties around you but i would say for most people the best way to go is with a 48'' or 36" belt driven walkbehind its cheap and your business can grow to a good size before you need to replace it
i like ferris (not sure if the still make new beltdrivens), bobcat (have some 20+ year old ones still running like new) both are pretty cheap too. much cheaper than the overpriced scag and exmark with the same quailty

Hell on Blades
07-17-2009, 07:42 PM
the best advice I can give is to operate with no debt. Use whatever you can get your hands on for CASH until you have the money to upgrade.

HOOLIE
07-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Zach you need to ask more specific questions...then you will get better replies.

supercuts
07-17-2009, 09:55 PM
every area is different. my minimun is $35. so, 35-40 for 1/2 around $50 for an acre and up from there. the more obsticles, the more i charge. if your not sure what to charge, have some friends and family in that area call a few companies for bids. hey, you gotta learn somehow. as far as mowers, you save an unbeliable amount of time with a ZTR, but if you starting out, a walkbehind may be much more affordable. dont go spending alot without alot of work. look around and see what others do and use in your area. find a good dealer and buy that brand mower rather than picking a brand

tinman
07-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Please don't ask what to charge. You will get 100 different answers. charge what your market will bear and you can make a good profit on. Figure your costs then you will have a better idea what to charge

Hell on Blades
07-17-2009, 10:48 PM
I agree with tinman... Figure out how much you want to make and what the market will bear, then try to operate in a 90% profit margin for the business.

If you have a $100 property, $10 should cover fuel, trimmer line and maintenance. $90 should be left over. At the end of the day/week/month (whenever you draw your paycheck) pay yourself apropriately and save whatever you can (keep it in the business, not your personal account) for your new equipment.

dadertgf
07-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks exspecially AVLC and Supercuts