PDA

View Full Version : Our P. G. Ultra Motor Upgrade

Lawn Tek
07-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Briggs no longer makes the p. g. ultra motor with the p.t.o. shaft . P. G. wants 1600.00 for a Honda conversion so We made our own for a lot less . We paid 200.00 for a new 6.75 Briggs ,its for a self propelled push mower . Then we paid 85.00 for a new clutch for a 7/8 shaft . Then arround 100.00 for all the other hardware . We also made a rope pull where your hands don't get skinned . As you can see the bracket had to be bent in for the motor to bolt right on . If you attempt one of these a 3/4 shaft clutch is more common for about 45.00 . If you guys post a up close picture of your mechinacal spray pump on the magnum , then I can make a conversion for mechanical spray system also . I currently run an automotive battery for all day spraying and hook up a bat. charger at night .

Runner
07-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Way cool. And I am certainly going to want some more information. One thing though....You said the bracket had to be bent in so the motor would bolt right on. I take it is the curved piece in the 3rd pic that you are referring to? Nice job, ... and thank you.

LushGreenLawn
07-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Wow, 1600 for the honda conversion?

My motor will need to be replaced soon on my ultra. Thanks for the tip.

BTW, I cannot imagine any other manufacturer charging that much for a kit to convert an engine to work with their unit. When its time to buy a new machine, I will not even consider a permagreen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Runner
07-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Yep. Same here. Not after this little trick by them. They know darned well that owners will need this conversion for the amount they already have into their machine they own. you can't tell ME that this little "kit" costs anywhere NEAR 1600. They could charge ALOT less and still make a hefty profit. I hope the see this, too.

Lawn Tek
07-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Way cool. And I am certainly going to want some more information. One thing though....You said the bracket had to be bent in so the motor would bolt right on. I take it is the curved piece in the 3rd pic that you are referring to? Nice job, ... and thank you.

Yes , heated it and bent it in .Then it bolted right on

LushGreenLawn
07-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Are they a sponser? I would love to see a response from them.

RigglePLC
07-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Sweet Lawn Tek,
I think I will take extra good care of mine so I don't need to convert anything. (Change the oil maybe.) Washed it yesterday, and today I had trouble starting it--probably because it was not fully dry. By the way, what would it cost to have the original motor rebuilt?

jbturf
07-17-2009, 11:09 PM
how do you gauge how fast your impeller is spinning now?
is it the same speed as b4?
looks like you attached another pulley right on top of the trans axle drive pulley?
very creative

the only thing im wondering is why on earth would you put another briggs motor on there?

Lawn Tek
07-18-2009, 12:10 AM
how do you gauge how fast your impeller is spinning now? will calibrate hopper setting / r.p m s/ area covered .
is it the same speed as b4? real close
looks like you attached another pulley right on top of the trans axle drive pulley? yes welded two pulleys together
very creative

the only thing im wondering is why on earth would you put another briggs motor on there? simplicity , same bolt patern , drilling stainless aint easy , machine ain't worth putting much money in , and will be replaced in a couple of years .

philk17088
07-21-2009, 02:24 PM
What model honda do they use for the conversion?

jbturf
07-21-2009, 03:37 PM
gcv-160

underpowered & even less justification of the price tag