PDA

View Full Version : 24' enclosed trailer

supercuts
07-17-2009, 09:21 PM
ive come across a good deal on a 24' enclosed trailer. i currently have an 18' enclosed and need a 2nd trailer. ive always wanted teh 20'. the 24' will be great for fall cleanups because id be able to carry all the extras. my big concern is for the majority of the year it will be overkill and too large. any oppions from OWNERS! not a kid with a 5x8 open who has seen one drive down the street. thanks

Boycea
07-19-2009, 11:45 AM
I have run a 24 ft enclosed trailer for the past four years and love it. Its great in the fall with the extra equipment and your not cramped in the summer months when just running mowers. I don't know about your area and how tight the streets are but I have never had an issue, just use common sense and you shouldn't get into trouble. I have cabinets up front to store tools, oil, etc in which comes in handy. Just make sure it has the extended tongue if towing with a dump.

DUSTYCEDAR
07-19-2009, 11:50 AM
i have had a few 20 ft boxs with the extended toung they turn great
24 may drag more if you have hills and pulling into the fast food places
but there r a few guys in my area with them doing resi mow and no problems
if you can get it cheep go 4 it

newtostone
07-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I run a 20' daily and have driven a few 24 footers. I think my next trailer will be a 24' with 10k gvw. I loved having a little extra space in the front, but that went out the window as soon as I put 3 mowers in the 20' trailer. I don't mind towing it, altho for some houses its a tight squeeze.

Make sure its a 10gvw.
Good price I would buy.

supercuts
07-19-2009, 09:03 PM
thanks for the comments. i guess now it just comes down to price

lifetree
07-19-2009, 09:34 PM
ive come across a good deal on a 24' enclosed trailer. i currently have an 18' enclosed and need a 2nd trailer. ive always wanted teh 20'. the 24' will be great for fall cleanups because id be able to carry all the extras. ...

Well, looking at your sig, it appears that you have plenty of equipment to fill up a 24' trailer ... if you can get it at a good price, got for it !!

PLS-Tx
07-20-2009, 12:09 AM
I have a 20' enclosed, and would love to have a 24'. I know my truck could pull it, and the extra space would be great.

I don't know if I will buy another enclosed, I like the one we have, but I'm thinking I would like to have a box truck.

P.Services
07-20-2009, 12:10 AM
you MUST get the roller wheels on the back or add them if it doesn't have them.

newtostone
07-20-2009, 12:26 AM
The box truck idea keeps crossing my mind, Something like a simple cheap 16' box truck with 2 60" ztr's. My only issue comes down to snow plowing where I can never seem to get everything done fast enough.

supercuts
07-20-2009, 06:36 PM
ive thought about the NPR type with a landscape deck. my biggest con is its one more veh to register/insure and WONT be able to snowplow with it. so, im leaning towards a trailer. it belongs to my uncle, ive used it a few times but never for work. hes thinking up a number. we do have a few tight roads. im sure ill be wearing out the rear tires on it alot quicker than my 18'

PLS-Tx
07-21-2009, 12:45 AM
No snow here, so no worries about that.

Maybe he will let you try the for a few days before you but it, to make sure it will work out for you.

GravelyGuy
07-21-2009, 08:49 AM
you MUST get the roller wheels on the back or add them if it doesn't have them.

Do you have a link with these? I'm assuming they are so you don't get hung up on uneven ground???

supercuts
07-21-2009, 09:31 AM
No snow here, so no worries about that.

Maybe he will let you try the for a few days before you but it, to make sure it will work out for you.

im sure he will. thats a good idea. its a nice big haulmark. i just like the idea of being able to have 2 z's, wb, leaf plow WB, and giant vac 16z blower hooked to my z all in the trailer. the 16z blower is unbelieable and i want a 2nd but lacked the room.

SimonCX
07-21-2009, 01:19 PM
24' would be nice but I wouldn't be able to park or go into the small streets in some of the places we cut, we have a hard enough time with the 18' is some spots. Most of the guy's I know use 24's have mostly commerical properties with lots of room to park.

supercuts
07-21-2009, 06:54 PM
24' would be nice but I wouldn't be able to park or go into the small streets in some of the places we cut, we have a hard enough time with the 18' is some spots. Most of the guy's I know use 24's have mostly commerical properties with lots of room to park.

there are a few road we will NOT be able to get into with a 24'. nice thing is that this is for the 2nd crew and i can take the 18' to the smaller roads. just need to schedual it i guess

P.Services
07-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Do you have a link with these? I'm assuming they are so you don't get hung up on uneven ground???

i dont have a link but im sure you could call a trailer store and he could get them for you. they are a must!! i will never own a enclosed with out them. they are just a big all steel 10'' wide roller in back to save the arss end from dragging. i have a pic of them some where on here.