PDA

View Full Version : AAAAHHHHHHHH! Can breath now!

rcreech
07-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Things are slowing down and life is good!

What a spring and early summer!

Usually done by June 15th and this year worked straight through July 16th! :cry:

Life was starting to SUCK! Love the $$$$$ but was needing a break! Still picking up customers (3 since Friday) but just trickling in here and there.

You guys slowing down yet?

LawnTamer
07-19-2009, 08:56 AM
The lawns are getting easier... but it is getting way hotter too. Usually this time of year is good for me, it's hot, but I can taper down my work-load. This year, I had to let my 2 employees go, so I am solo for the rest of the year. I have about 350 fert/spray clients on a 5-6 week schedule, and 48 weekly mow, trim, edge & blow accounts, so I am and will stay busy as ever.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
07-19-2009, 08:59 AM
The lawns are getting easier... but it is getting way hotter too. Usually this time of year is good for me, it's hot, but I can taper down my work-load. This year, I had to let my 2 employees go, so I am solo for the rest of the year. I have about 350 fert/spray clients on a 5-6 week schedule, and 48 weekly mow, trim, edge & blow accounts, so I am and will stay busy as ever.

WOW! You are going to be a busy guy!:dizzy:

rcreech
07-19-2009, 09:04 AM

With that much work....why did you have to let your boys go?

That sounds like a lot of work for one man!

LawnTamer
07-19-2009, 10:05 AM
With that much work....why did you have to let your boys go?

That sounds like a lot of work for one man!

It is a lot of work for one man, but it is doable. My wife and I are trying to get out of debt, the whole Dave Ramsey thing, and we have a huge number of late payers this year, to the point where we were having a hard time making payroll, so the options were; A: Use debt to make payroll, and keep paying out the $6-700/week in payroll, or B: Just do all of the work myself, bite the bullet, work 60hr weeks for the next 3 months and hopefully pay off some debt.

It is surprising actually, it really doesn't take me that much more time, and everything is done exactly the way I want it. I do miss the company though.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
07-19-2009, 11:35 AM
It is a lot of work for one man, but it is doable. My wife and I are trying to get out of debt, the whole Dave Ramsey thing, and we have a huge number of late payers this year, to the point where we were having a hard time making payroll, so the options were; A: Use debt to make payroll, and keep paying out the $6-700/week in payroll, or B: Just do all of the work myself, bite the bullet, work 60hr weeks for the next 3 months and hopefully pay off some debt.

It is surprising actually, it really doesn't take me that much more time, and everything is done exactly the way I want it. I do miss the company though.

Good for you! "You're living like no other, so that some day you can live like no other":)

LawnTamer
07-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Good for you! "You're living like no other, so that some day you can live like no other":)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I hope! Right now, I feel like I'm living like a human workhorse.:laugh:

Great way to lose weight though!

RCreech, good for you to be picking up so many clients in this economy.

growingdeeprootsorganicly
07-19-2009, 03:55 PM
tamer you the man, how can you keep up with all that work by ur self???

i consider my self pretty dame good but 48 lawns a week solo??? plus 300+ fert accounts
plus all the side works that comes up???

good luck and don't kill ur self

LawnTamer
07-19-2009, 04:52 PM
tamer you the man, how can you keep up with all that work by ur self???

i consider my self pretty dame good but 48 lawns a week solo??? plus 300+ fert accounts
plus all the side works that comes up???

good luck and don't kill ur self

Most of my accounts are fairly small, about 6k. I have a hand full of big ones. I am really an idiot for keeping the 48 mowing accounts, they take me 2.5 days to do (long days) and I make what I would make off one day doing fert and spray work.

Whoopassonthebluegrass and I are talking about this all the time, if a guy could get 500 or so of these little residential accounts, he could make a great living and dump maintenance, just do spray work, work 4 days/week and have winter off..... assuming he didn't have a ton of debt.

If I was "the man" I'd be smart enough to have never touched mowing.:laugh::laugh:

Evan528
07-19-2009, 08:25 PM
I am waiting for you to call in to do your "we're debt free" scream! If only I had the ambition to use his theories......

LawnoftheMonth
07-19-2009, 10:53 PM
If I was "the man" I'd be smart enough to have never touched mowing.:laugh::laugh:

That's me, and my season is getting busy, chinchbugs are everywhere here, and with a lot of lawns dying from lack of water, weeds will be everywhere when it cools off. This is my first season on my own, Im halfway to having the # of customers that i need, to be totally self sufficient and earn good money, only working a few hours a day. Most of my lawns are 2500 sq ft (my choice, it's very hot here, lol).

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Good luck with your Dave Ramsey program - great program. Knock out that debt and more importantly, don't let it come back.

rcreech
07-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Debt isn't necessarily a bad thing if you use it to your advantage to grow/build your business.

5 years ago I borrowed a ton of money and built a heck of a business. If I wouldn't have borrowed the money I would still be a po=dunk trying to pay as I go (if you will).

Debt is bad if you are buying things you don't need or if it is personal crap. But when it comes to business decisions borrowing money isn't always a bad thing.

I like debt as it helps me out on my taxes and write off the interest anyway.

Staying out of debt is good but I try and legally hide as much as I can and borrowing money helps to do it.

THC
07-21-2009, 10:26 PM
I downloaded Dave Ramsays videos set and MP3 set on Pirate bay... But I also bought his book. I really wish he would give the bible thumping a rest but it's good nfo.

VARMIT COMMISSION
07-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Dave Ramsey's program made me and my buisness debt free. No debt what so ever. I now teach the classes at my church twice a year.