PDA

View Full Version : Print to JPEG ????

White Gardens
07-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Anybody know of a free driver to convert my landscape designs into a picture format.

It doesn't necessarily need to be JPEG, but would be nice.

Thanks.

JDUtah
07-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Adobe Illustrator can save/convert vector based images/drawings into jpg

White Gardens
07-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Just checked it out. I might try the free trial. I need a better program to manipulate photos too.

Thanks for the quick reply JD Thumbs Up, but I'm also wanting to know if there is a printer style converter, such as the cute PDF writer.

I can take PDF's to the print shop, but I've noticed a couple of issues with the PDF, such as adding a border when I work outside my work space in my Landscape program. (even though it's cropped correctly). I also want to minimize a step as in not having to re-open a different program, mess with it, and save it.

Also, it's nice to post designs in pic format on forums and blogs.

Kiril
07-19-2009, 12:37 PM
what is the default file type for the design (i.e. what are you saving it as)?

White Gardens
07-19-2009, 12:50 PM
plp.

I'm pretty sure it's specific to Pro Landscape Image Editor. That's why it's convenient just to print to pdf file with the Cute pdf Writer.

Kiril
07-19-2009, 12:56 PM
plp.

I'm pretty sure it's specific to Pro Landscape Image Editor. That's why it's convenient just to print to pdf file with the Cute pdf Writer.

Do you have the option to save as (or export as) a DWF? Most print shops can print that format as it is specifically used for printing, viewing, distribution, etc...

White Gardens
07-19-2009, 01:09 PM
No I can't. plp. seems to be the the only way to save in the program.

I've been looking at a couple of simple image converters, but it's hard to find one that reads the pdf file to get it back to jpeg. (or any common image file)

That's why I want the driver to print to a common pic file, to eliminate converting it to pdf first.

White Gardens
07-19-2009, 01:37 PM
I figured it out.

I just needed to go to FILE, and then Export and it saves it as a JPEG.

Doh !:hammerhead:

Kiril
07-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I figured it out.

I just needed to go to FILE, and then Export and it saves it as a JPEG.

Doh !:hammerhead:

You would be better off with a TIFF than a JPG

White Gardens
07-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Any reason you feel a tiff is better than a jpeg??

Kiril
07-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Any reason you feel a tiff is better than a jpeg??

It is more suitable for vector based images, plus it is a WAY more flexible format and produces a much higher image quality, even when compressed. For maximum flexibility export as a lossless TIFF.

White Gardens
07-19-2009, 04:35 PM
I checked my export section and I can transfer to tiff, so I'll play around with that and do a Pepsi challenge and see which one comes out on top.

Thanks for the advice Kiril. I've got the design pics posted in my thread on the landscaping section if you want to take a look. I'm just finishing up another view, so I'll try that one in tif.

tinman
07-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Anybody know of a free driver to convert my landscape designs into a picture format.

It doesn't necessarily need to be JPEG, but would be nice.

Thanks.
PDF would be better for printing if I remember right???

mikey.hill
07-29-2009, 10:13 PM
PDF would be better for printing if I remember right???

PDF is not good for printing ... If you have photoshop you should set the correct formats for what you should be taking to them(otherwise you'll get pixelation and poor coloring).

Here's what I use(for .psd) - CMYK, 24/32bit, 300dpi

The file sizes are huge but when it's printed things turn out much smoother and they color are more accurate.