PDA

View Full Version : Business Card, How does it look?

clean_cut
07-19-2009, 05:05 PM
How does it look to you guys? What should I change?

fl-landscapes
07-19-2009, 05:09 PM
spelled reference wrong, may want to fix it.

93Chevy
07-19-2009, 05:15 PM
There's no reason to have an address on a business card, unless you want people to know where you live. Maybe your town that you operate out of, maybe, but not your address.

clean_cut
07-19-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm only going to use them in my neighborhood, so I put the adress so everyone can drive by and see how nice the yard looks. Does it look good other than that?

93Chevy
07-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Honestly, that tree is too common. My boss has a tree just like that as his logo. Try to find another graphic that sets your company apart, or maybe a professional pic of one of your jobs or mowing accounts. Just something to set yourself apart, that's all.

Chilehead
07-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Not bad, but not that good. First, you want to have an even margin on all 4 sides of the card. Place your company title line in the center and enlarge it. Tighten up the information below. Do a Google search for "business card templates" to get some real examples of successful designs. I am telling you this because I learned how to design from my Chief Marketing Consultant: my wife, who holds a degree in Graphic Arts. I am so lucky. Also, the post above about not having your address listed can be viewed from two angles. If you don't want people to drive by your house, then don't list it. However, if you keep a highly manicured property, you then definitely WANT people to drive by your house. I have gained about half a dozen clients this way, and some of them find it convenient to personally drop off their monthly payment at my door. If you list it, you want to list street address, city, state, and zip. One more pointer--list your name, address, phone number, and email all together in one paragraph-type block. Remove the "ambitious teenager" line, and replace it with an additional bullet point (like the 2 you have) that may say something like, "*Founded in 2004".
You may also want to add a company slogan at the bottom in small type. It's also good that you stuck with one font-type. Never exceed 2 on a business card. Hope this helps.

clean_cut
07-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys, I liked the ambitious teenager because it sort of gave the customer an Idea of who I was and it sort of is my "slogan", it was used on my flyer.

Thanks for all of the help though.

SangerLawn
07-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Dumb question…..if your advertising lawn care….why do you have a picture of a tree? Other then that I don’t think it looks to bad.

SangerLawn
07-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Another dumb question. You posted this on here to get ideas from people that have been doing it for a long time. Every time some gives you a recommendation on why you need to change it and say your going to do it anyway,,,,,of course that is your choice but….why did you ask for opinions if you don’t want to change anything?

clean_cut
07-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean, lol. I think I'm going to completley change the design though. Have the front of the card grass w/ title, name and #, then the back with slogan, services,etc.

What to do you think.

clean_cut
07-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Maybe something like this, this is a ROUGH DRAFT, no where near final, so what do you think? Remember, I'm going to have a slogan, services, etc. on the back.

It's going to be hard getting the writing to show up good though, any suggestions?

clean_cut
07-19-2009, 11:46 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=282876&highlight=business+cards

This is a great example of what I want my card to look like, for some reason, I don't like the blue on green though.

Chilehead
07-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Maybe something like this, this is a ROUGH DRAFT, no where near final, so what do you think? Remember, I'm going to have a slogan, services, etc. on the back.

It's going to be hard getting the writing to show up good though, any suggestions?

You need to de-saturate (fade out) the background. In its current state it's too difficult to read.

golfnpreacher
07-20-2009, 12:35 AM
There are a number of on-line printing companies that offer free templates to work off of. You can add and delete fields to suit your fancy.

I would recommend doing all lettering, typing, etc via "cut and paste" from a word processing program so you can used spell check. Even then proof read EVERYTHING and have someone else do it as well. You will often read what you want to say as opposed to reading what you actually printed.

I too agree with the comments about your AGE and EXPERIENCE. I would not call attention to your age. You did say you were going in your neighborhood, so people may already know. Second I would say something like... "Mowing lawns since 200X" or "providing lawn care since 200X"

Also the net provides tons of clipart photos that present a better image than that tree. I've see lots of them with teenagers mowing, some cute and cartoon like, some serious. (I mention this because you said you wanted to mention teenager)

MiguelTX
07-20-2009, 05:22 AM
You might want to re-consider your current email address. Unless you plan on keeping Roadrunner for a long time, I would switch to Gmail or some other free online service. That way it doesn't matter who your ISP is, you can always have the same email and easily access it from a cell phone, library, etc. Better yet, go to namecheap.com and buy a domain name for $10. You'll have a custom email address then.

clean_cut
07-20-2009, 08:45 AM
O.K. Thanks guys, I was going to keep the words visible by puting them in a bight colored shape (Red, Green, Blue). Something like this.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...business+cards

Again, Thanks guys.

MiguelTX
07-20-2009, 08:48 AM
What program are you using to create your cards?

Chilehead
07-20-2009, 09:59 AM
What program are you using to create your cards?

Serif PagePlus X3.

clean_cut
07-20-2009, 04:18 PM
What does that program do? And how about the price?

Right now I'm using pse 6. (photosho elements 6) to make the design.

MiguelTX
07-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Serif PagePlus X3.
I'm guessing you don't have Photoshop? Send me a PM when you get a minute...

capelawncare.com
07-20-2009, 05:51 PM
I wouldnt mention that your a teenager, unless you dont mind getting paid like one.

clean_cut
07-20-2009, 06:00 PM
But I'm an 'ambitious' teenager! Just Kidding

I just don't want people to expect an adult running 3 crews, and find out that it's just a teenager. You guys don't think that "An ambitious teenager with 5 years experience in your neighborhood" Wouldn't sound good?

clean_cut
07-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Anyone know the average pricing fo 250, full color, double sided, custom (uploaded) design on the average online website? Around $30? Any good websites? Any Bad websites? Is the print shop better than online?

clean_cut
07-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Here is the new design, which was created fully by MiguelTX. What do you guys think? I think I'm going to leave the back blank so that I will be able to wite notes, estimates, etc.

Rayholio
07-23-2009, 10:29 PM
I like that one :)

clean_cut
07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Everyone likes the one I don't make, lol, do you guys like the new background?

How do you guys like the "for all of your landscaping needs" and mow, trim, blow... "and more"

clean_cut
07-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Anybody there?

93Chevy
07-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Anyone know the average pricing fo 250, full color, double sided, custom (uploaded) design on the average online website? Around $30? Any good websites? Any Bad websites? Is the print shop better than online?

I got 500 from my local print shop for under $75. Plus I like to support my local business instead of going online. But if you don't have a local print shop, find a professional online site. $30 to $50 sounds about right.

clean_cut
07-24-2009, 10:10 PM
O.K thanks

How does the design look?

93Chevy
07-24-2009, 10:17 PM
I don't like trimming and blowing on a card. It just seems tacky, in my opinion. Those services should be automatically included in a weekly lawn service.

Just my opinion though.

clean_cut
07-26-2009, 10:48 PM
O.K. Thanks for the opinion, anyone else