PDA

View Full Version : First wet wall project

Chilehead
07-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Howdy folks. I have built dozens of retaining walls using everything from concrete to stone to timbers. I wanted to do a wet wall project at my house, but have never built one before (I have built ponds, though). The dimensions are 30 inches high by 12 feet long. I want to make it out of stone, but am weary about it falling apart with all the water on it. I had then thought about building a mortered concrete block wall with a stone veneer, but again--I don't know if the wall could handle the constant water erosion. I then thought about making it from a freestanding concrete product from Sims Stone, but don't really want a faux-stone look. So.............would those of you with more experience than I please give me some much appreciated guidance? Thanks. :usflag:

Chilehead
07-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Anyone? Please?

2low4NH
07-21-2009, 05:45 AM
wheres the water coming from? natural stone will hold up to the elements very well.

Chilehead
07-21-2009, 10:39 AM
wheres the water coming from? natural stone will hold up to the elements very well.

From the top. The goal is to have the water flow from the entire length of the wall at once, and stick to the wall. Naturally, the top of the wall is going to be dead level.

Humble Earth Mover
07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I think facing the wall with slate tile on a 45 would look nice. It also may be cool to throw some glass block into the mix. Just make sure your joints are water tight with no hairlines and water shouldn't be a problem.

Can't wait to see it.