PDA

View Full Version : Dingos, Are they any good on hills???

swing blade
04-17-2002, 12:00 AM
:confused: I have gotten two jobs on Hidden Valley lake in Indiana doing a seawall and a rock garden job. I am not able to use a bobcat because the yards only have access of 4 feet wide. The hill is extremely steep, but i have seen a toro walk behind mower get up and down it. I want to know what you think about using a dingo tx 400 to do the job.

LawnLad
04-17-2002, 08:54 AM
I have not used the Dingo tx 400 - we have the 200 series. I found that with an empty bucket going forwards up an incline of about 30 to 35 degrees or more (I may be slightly off) that the machine will want to tip back on the rear wheels. Loaded bucket was no problem face forward up hill. Empty load we had to back up this one driveway that I have in mind.

Can't help you much with the 400 series.

hardscaper
04-17-2002, 09:19 AM
I am in a similar situation and have been looking at the tracked mini transporters at www.easternfarmmachinery.com We work in a lot of backyards with limited access and hilly conditions. I feel tracks are superior to wheels for our conditions. The carrying capacity of the bigger units is 1800lbs which is higher then the dingo. Tgought it might work for what you are doing.Mini transporters (http://www.easternfarmmachinery.com/scripts/catalog.pl?F=H&K=Catalog%3AIndustrial%3AMini%20transporters&V=Brief&R=H%2FCatalog%3AIndustrial&ID=06151049342091124204) they quoted me $3600 on a 500 model.

David Gretzmier
04-21-2002, 12:39 AM
the dingo 222 we have is not a great comparison, but here goes- down hill with a load is kinda creepy unless you weigh 300lbs. I tip in at 160lbs, so the bucket will tip down and drag downhill. going uphill with a load is fine. uphill unloaded you sometimes have to step off the platform. the tx400 is a tracked nonrider model and may not have these issues. Daveg