PDA

View Full Version : Natural Stone or man made block with Travertine

DVS Hardscaper
07-20-2009, 09:05 PM
What do some of you think compliments travertine better, natural stone or man made block (Mini Creta, Celtik, etc)? I'm talkin for seat walls and steps.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
07-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I think it depends on the design, but I'll alway's try to get natural stone in the design if the budget is there. Do you guy's have a nice natural wall block that will contrast the travertine? I like the look of a cream colored travertine on top of an off white natural stone.

Humble Earth Mover
07-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Natural stone hands down. We did travertine with quarry stone block and it looked okay. When I see it with Creta or Coventry I think it clashes, IMO.

Cultured stone looks good with it, especially the stacked stuff. Ever think about doing a CMU wall and facing it with travertine? A guy out here is actually importing solid travertine blocks for building walls. Waste of money for sure!

Pro-Scapes
07-30-2009, 07:09 PM
just to toss this out. We are doing a travertine with a cultured stack stone in our new bathroom construction right now and its looking pretty spiffy. I will get some pics when we get a few layers done so you guys can tell me how you think it looks. We are real happy with it tho. We would have preffered to go with a natural ledge stone but being inside we decided on the cultured. The color blended better and will better match our tounge and groove cypress walls. It ended up being about $4 a sq ft for the ledge

http://www.alluriamstone.com/ProductLine/LedgeStone.aspx

tedlandscapebiz
10-29-2009, 12:35 AM
I think travertine complements travertine the best.
Posted via Mobile Device