PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge for sod

SunState Lawn Care inc
07-20-2009, 10:22 PM
If you install less then a pallet in a yard that was killed by chinch bugs or whatever what is your minimum charge for say half a pallet or anything less then a pallet? Do you charge so much per sq ft or just a minimum charge no matter how small it is? We charge $300.00 for a pallet prepped and layed but don't want to over charge for less then a pallet.

Thanks

NatesLawnCareLLC
07-21-2009, 05:05 PM
If you install less then a pallet in a yard that was killed by chinch bugs or whatever what is your minimum charge for say half a pallet or anything less then a pallet? Do you charge so much per sq ft or just a minimum charge no matter how small it is? We charge $300.00 for a pallet prepped and layed but don't want to over charge for less then a pallet.

Thanks

Would you be able to figure out how many sq ft are from a pallet and then figure out how many sq ft used and then calculate a price from that?

RAlmaroad
07-21-2009, 06:50 PM
The effort to put down a single pallet is the same as for a half-pallet. The only difference is about $60. I'd price it that way. You know your cost/pallet and just cut the customer some slack on the cost of the sod. In your case $250. Time, effort, expertise and quality accounts for the most part in laying sod. You could make up the little difference with a optional follow up fertilization providing the client has irrigation. You mentioned clinch bugs, I assume you're putting down St. Augustine. Check out the different strains. I think there is some new variety that is a little Clinch Bug resistant.

MudslinginFX4
07-21-2009, 07:15 PM
1 pallet or less = $600 prepped

SunState Lawn Care inc
07-21-2009, 08:16 PM
1 pallet or less = $600 prepped

Wont happen down here enjoy it up there while you can.

MudslinginFX4
07-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Wont happen down here enjoy it up there while you can.

yeah, ive heard fl has always been a different market.