PDA

View Full Version : commercial bidding

walkermt26
07-21-2009, 11:58 AM
what is the best way to find out when commercial properties are accepting bids and what is the best way to charge for services ie, lawn mowing mulching , edging , bush trimming, plantings, and weeding

ridingthegrass
07-22-2009, 12:39 AM
what is the best way to find out when commercial properties are accepting bids and what is the best way to charge for services ie, lawn mowing mulching , edging , bush trimming, plantings, and weeding As far as bidding I can't really explain it too easily. As far as mowing and trimming where most of your cost comes from man hours you have to figure out what it will cost you to run your crew for x amount of time and then compare that to how long it will take you. Plants I usually charge a 25%-30% markup and then a similar amount for install. Mulch is the same. It's hard to explain over the internet. LOL Now as far as finding out when lawns are taking bids I will go in to say a restaurant for lunch and then leave a card with the manager or hostess. Or you can just cold call .

LawnSuccess
07-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Commercial accounts are definitely hard to get initially, but usually easier to keep happy once you have them. If you continually exceed their expectations, it's easy to keep the accounts.

Part of what makes getting commercial accounts so difficult is that people hate change. Business owners and managers hate changing, and will even put up with less than perfect service just to prevent from having to change to another lawn company.

You've got to make it easy for them to switch to your company.

This may help:

http://www.lawnsuccess.com/commercial_video2.php

Best of Luck,

Wayne

tinman
07-22-2009, 10:02 PM
just call them up and ask when bidding starts and requirements

ryde307
07-22-2009, 10:13 PM
just call them up and ask when bidding starts and requirements

X2 Thats all I do. Lots of dead end phone calls.