PDA

View Full Version : Where to truck fill in Bergen county, NJ?

mapleleaf
07-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi all. We are getting ready to bid out a job for a large paver driveway. We will have to excavate down the area and will have a lot of fill. We have smaller mason trucks, 2 that probably can hold about 5 tons each, which I think we may have 60-70 tons of fill to truck off site. I was wondering if any Northern NJ guys have any suggestions on how to handle. If we did it our selves it would be a lot of tklds out which whould take a long time, and strain the trucks too. I thought of doing a dumpster/container, the one co. I checked with doesn't take dirt. I do not want to pass on doing the driveway, it would be a great job, and there's a solution to every problem, and not doing the job is not the solution I'm willing to do. I know my fellow Northern NJ guys have lots of good suggestions. Thanks!

TimNNJ
07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
I just posted a similar question ..have a driveway I am bidding on..need to get rid of fill and asphalt

CLARK LAWN
07-21-2009, 06:06 PM
any trucking companies in the area? that would only be 2 or 3 triaxles

mapleleaf
07-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey Timnnj - I got a price for a mixed container of asphalt & concrete, 10 cy, in Bergen county for $400. But that company doesn't take away dirt. Please tell me the drive you're bidding out isn't in bergen county? Hate to be bidding on the some job.

mapleleaf
07-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Clarklawn thanks for the tip, I'll have to check out the jobsite area, it is actually about an hr away from where I usually work, so I don't know the area's trucking co's very well. Do the trucking companies take care of dumping the fill somewhere & incorporate the dump fee in their price to me? Thanks!

landscapingpoolguy
07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Please contact me I offer excavtion and trucking services.

Chuck Randina
Perfect Property Services Inc.
Bloomingdale, NJ 07403
(973) 332-0734
www.perfectpropertyservices.com