PDA

View Full Version : landscape lighting book

irrigation lemieux
07-21-2009, 03:43 PM
what is the best book for landscape lighting installer.

JoeyD
07-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Installer..........without a doubt "The Landscape Lighting Resource Manual" written By owner and founder of Unique Lighting Systems Nate Mullen

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=203374

http://www.uniquelighting.com/education/Bookpage.html

There isn't a book on the market that covers lighting as in depth as this one. It covers everything from design conception all the way through to maintenance contracts, troubleshooting, installation, and sales! This book was truly written with the contractor in mind but has enough for everyone including designers, distributors, and sales professionals.

Nate is currently working on a revision which I hope will be done soon. It will include the new 24v system and all the wiring techniques associated with it as well as new design and installation techniques.

Most would say that Jan Moyers Landscape Lighting Book is the best design book there is. I would agree but I would say that Nate's take on lighting design allows for simple and easy understanding with a lot of the same principals that Moyer conveys in her book.

TXNSLighting
07-21-2009, 11:18 PM
I think i need to check Nates book out..

SamIV
07-22-2009, 09:58 AM
I have to agree with Joey, Nate's book is a great read. I will probably take some ribbing from this, but I was bored to death when I read Moyer's book. The book I refer back to more often is Nate's. There are many manufacturers that have profited from his methods.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

Lite4
07-22-2009, 02:32 PM
I have to agree with Joey, Nate's book is a great read. I will probably take some ribbing from this, but I was bored to death when I read Moyer's book. The book I refer back to more often is Nate's. There are many manufacturers that have profited from his methods.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

Ditto. There are some things in Nates book I see and do a bit differently but all in all, it is a useful tool for the new guy getting involved in landscape lighting. Moyers book is good, but you are right Burt; it is more of a technical manual than anything else. It must be digested in small bites! JMO

bigviclbi
12-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Will this book be available again soon?

Classic Lighting
12-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Will this book be available again soon?

JoeyD seems to have the inside scoop on this book. I'd recommend contacting him.

JoeyD
12-14-2009, 12:50 PM
yes this book will be available again fully updated and revised. It is being worked on Daily.

VO Landscape Design
12-16-2009, 02:19 PM
yes this book will be available again fully updated and revised. It is being worked on Daily.
Can you keep us posted when it is available. Would make a good winter read.
VO

JoeyD
12-16-2009, 06:56 PM
I will!!! More progress is made every day on it. Its going to be awesome!

here is one for sale on Craigs List.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bks/1510803074.html

Tomwilllight
12-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Check my web site for reviews of all books on Landscape Lighting. At the start of the project, I decided that I would not include self-published books thus you will not find a review of Nate's.

Jan Moyer's book is a serious text book and absolutely necessary reading for anyone who is truly serious about landscape lighting design. Like anything worth doing well, The Landscape Lighting Book is not easy but it's loaded with rewards for your effort.

Tom
www.WLLD.us