PDA

View Full Version : So Crazy IT JUST MIGHT WORK

GrassMannn2008
07-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Disclaimer: I realize many of you are going to think this is crazy, and are going to rip me a new one..... but anyways here goes

I was reviewing the books today and realized that I made a bunch of $$$ last year aerating ($85+ an hour after paying for rentals and paying an Allstate football player of mine $18 an hour to help which was WELL worth it, workhorse) and this was only with my current customers, no advertising.

Anyways, I'm thinking of ways to market aeration. Some ideas included: doorhangers, asking current clients if they knew of anyone, newspaper ad, even knocking on doors, etc. Also considered writing a letter to each household in a small neighborhood (about 15 houses) introducing myself as the service that has been taking care of their commonground, thanking them for the opportunity of working with them-----build some rapport----- then including a $10 off coupon for fall aeration at the end.

HERES THE CRAZY IDEA---- I've been good friends with some very attractive chicks since high school (ones a cheereleader, the other a dancer, also works at Hooters Lol). I'm most likely going to do some type of doorhanger and the one chick is a Marketing major, so my idea is to have them knock on some doors, introduce themselves as an associate from my company, and I'm thinking that they might have an increased chance of landing a sale---sex sells right!

I'd pay them like $10 an hour, and give them some type of additional $$ pending on the number of houses they book

I will give them a basic understanding of aeration so they know what they're talking about, and I'll try and be close by, perhaps a neighborhood over if a homeowner has any questions they could call them me and I would be close by.

Worst case scenario: I pay my friends some $$$, they talk to some homeowners, leave flyers at doors that don't answer

Best case scenario: I land more accounts to aerate and possibly more work in the future:)

OK LETS HEAR SOME FEEDBACK!!

GrassMannn2008
07-21-2009, 03:52 PM
ANd the $85 an hour did also include taxes and gas....

I'm licensed, pay taxes, insured, etc. So that will deter all those comments

clean_cut
07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
You really wan't your company to be representd by two girls that know nothing about lawn care? What would that do for the reputaion of your company?

I think it would be best for you to go talk to the home owners yourself, I think that they would rather talk to you as the person that would actually be servicing your yard.

Just my opinion though.

DLAWNS
07-21-2009, 09:49 PM
I like the outside the box thinking, but as much as sex sells and guy homeowners would love it, would it help or hurt your reputation? Think about all of the old ladies, and middle age women, and even young women that this kind of marketing would have no affect on or might even insult. Just my two cents.

GrassMannn2008
07-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the replies guys...

I think my original post might have been a bit misleading... The girls wouldn't be like dressed slutty or anything lol I would explain to them what to say--theyre smart girls, good sellers too,

There conversation would be a simple--- I'm thinking its a win win with the male homeowners and the females might enjoy seeing a young college girl out selling

Just trying to try something different and see if it works....

KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING EVERYONE :)

DLAWNS
07-21-2009, 10:15 PM
I thought that I might have jumped to conclusions. In that case I don't think it's a bad idea.

GrassMannn2008
07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
bump..........

tinman
07-22-2009, 09:31 PM
try it... and see. no action taken will just leave you wondering. just be ready for ticked off moms after seeing your crew. lol

ryde307
07-22-2009, 09:44 PM
A few years ago I had a similar idea. I was going to hire 2 female friends to mow. Teach them how to operate everything and so on then send them out and have them wear swimsuits they would get tan and paid men would love it. There are other professions that do similair things. Long story short no I did not move anywhere past a drunken conversation / idea of this but it sounded great at the time.

mpaq
07-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Oxymoronic. Most customers are divorced women, single women, handicapped. Sex connotations won,t work in this envionment
Posted via Mobile Device

ecko
07-24-2009, 01:22 PM
try it... and see. no action taken will just leave you wondering. just be ready for ticked off moms after seeing your crew. lol

Yeah start small and see if you get any jobs off of it. Then let us know how it worked. :cool2:

Just make sure they are dressed professionally, maybe an embroidered company collared shirt?

Stillwater
07-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Disclaimer: I realize many of you are going to think this is crazy, and are going to rip me a new one..... but anyways here goes

I was reviewing the books today and realized that I made a bunch of $$$ last year aerating ($85+ an hour after paying for rentals and paying an Allstate football player of mine $18 an hour to help which was WELL worth it, workhorse) and this was only with my current customers, no advertising.

Anyways, I'm thinking of ways to market aeration. Some ideas included: doorhangers, asking current clients if they knew of anyone, newspaper ad, even knocking on doors, etc. Also considered writing a letter to each household in a small neighborhood (about 15 houses) introducing myself as the service that has been taking care of their commonground, thanking them for the opportunity of working with them-----build some rapport----- then including a $10 off coupon for fall aeration at the end.

HERES THE CRAZY IDEA---- I've been good friends with some very attractive chicks since high school (ones a cheereleader, the other a dancer, also works at Hooters Lol). I'm most likely going to do some type of doorhanger and the one chick is a Marketing major, so my idea is to have them knock on some doors, introduce themselves as an associate from my company, and I'm thinking that they might have an increased chance of landing a sale---sex sells right!

I'd pay them like $10 an hour, and give them some type of additional $$ pending on the number of houses they book

I will give them a basic understanding of aeration so they know what they're talking about, and I'll try and be close by, perhaps a neighborhood over if a homeowner has any questions they could call them me and I would be close by.

Worst case scenario: I pay my friends some $$$, they talk to some homeowners, leave flyers at doors that don't answer

Best case scenario: I land more accounts to aerate and possibly more work in the future:)

OK LETS HEAR SOME FEEDBACK!!

The problem I have with it is the fact I think you are serious

Ben@speedbarn
07-24-2009, 03:52 PM
I think we need some pictures so we can make a better educated decision.

cphillips0053
07-24-2009, 05:37 PM
I think we need some pictures so we can make a better educated decision.

I agree 100%

heather lawn sp
07-24-2009, 11:51 PM
A few years ago I had a similar idea. I was going to hire 2 female friends to mow. Teach them how to operate everything and so on then send them out and have them wear swimsuits they would get tan and paid men would love it. There are other professions that do similair things. Long story short no I did not move anywhere past a drunken conversation / idea of this but it sounded great at the time.

half our crew are female 21 & 23 year old university student and university graduate. They can outdrive the guys. . . ramps onto the trailer then ramps onto the truck with a 60" deck. They don't need bikini's to get noticed

STIHL GUY
07-25-2009, 12:16 AM
you can send the girls to my house if you want

vanderbilt
07-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Why not ask the girl who is a marketing major if she has any ideas?

Chilehead
07-25-2009, 12:56 AM
My first impression of your idea rings synonymous with other posts on this thread: your reputation/company image will be damaged. I can see it now, "Hey look! There's that guy with the lusty-busty-yet-my-marketing's-crusty girls!" Oh yeah, man. Right on, dude. For sure.

BLS 2002
08-10-2009, 12:49 AM
I've actually thought of this myself - if you still present a professional image with the two females it will be indicative of your company professionalism. Also there is less intimidation with a female than with a male. Most of the consumers don't know much about lawn care as it is so the basics will work with a few selling points. Studies have shown that attractive people are more successful in life and in their jobs even if they don't have the brains to match their looks. It's definately a win win scenario if a strategy is imposed... and if one of you thinks otherwise than you're experiencing something called tunnel vision and you probably like to do everything on your own with out trying to outsource or grow and develop others to work for you.... good marketing techniques require innovative out of the box thinking such as this... great idea.

budman163
08-11-2009, 01:25 PM
You can send them to my house! My yard doesn't need aerating, but I'd listen to their whole pitch with a smile. Wait, send pictures first.