PDA

View Full Version : T3k Vs Z review

Rayholio
07-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Sorry this is late.. Fungus, and Yellow Nutsedge buried me the last couple weeks.. I had promised a video review... but I regret that my video footage is very limited.. Because of the failure with the T3000 in the last week I had it, I couldn't do many of the videos I was wanting to.. My recorded footage consists of an extremely messy video of me riding the T3000 on my worst slope, from the drivers view.. The tilt testing, and some bad cuts of 180 degree turning ect. If you have a camera, and a T3000, I wouldn't mind being sent footage to back up, or debunk what I'm saying in this post... hopefully, I'll be able to put together a good video in time..

At any rate.. T3000 Vs Z-spray

Please note that I've not been able to test the whole Z line.. Only the JR, and the JR w/ Intermediate tires (which is close to the only difference between the two anyhow) This is fine, as the most similar machine to the T3k is the Jr.. Or arguably the smaller Jr36..

Both machines were 'reviewed' at 50 hours.. and this is based on my observations during that time.. I HAVE run my Z about 10-15 additional hours with the wider tires.. I felt this was necessary because the Z with Jr tires had such abysmal HILL performance that it needed a handicap..

For details on each machine, please see the reviews..
This comparison will call out winners when able, but on many things, the two machines are just different..

Appearance: The T3K is more customer and fleet friendly, The Pro's will love the no non-sense appearance of the Z

Z: Industrial, large, and 'tank like' with all stainless construction, and nothing hidden, or shrouded.
T3K: Friendly, compact, and polished with its plastic coverings and painted column

Maintenance: Z is a little better here

Z: Everything is oversized, and easy to access with more ground clearance than the T3K for ease of access to under body parts. No shrouds and most things can be maintained while sitting or standing. the industrial design, and shiny parts are difficult to keep looking clean.

T3K: Shrouds to remove, and having most vital parts in the undercarriage means you'll be spending time on your back. The T3k is easier to keep looking clean for customers..

Initial Impressions: The Z gave me a better impression on 1st sight.

Z: I thought it was much bigger than I had imagined. but it looked like it could handle whatever I threw at it..

T3K: It didn't look durable, and the Steering wheel turned me off..

Steering: T3K wins hands down. There are just too many variables in ZTR design for calibrated spraying around beds, and tire damage to turf is unforgivable in OUR line of work.

Z: ZTR controls are easy to manipulate, but have a learning curve. Especially on hills. With practice, you will be able to steer with accuracy, and control motion with one hand. The Z is a skid steer. The drive wheels will move at different speeds and directions at times to turn based on your input. This skid type steering is notorious for tearing turf.. Especially on hills, in wet areas, and with inexperienced operators.. The problem is slightly less with intermediate tires. The Skid steer ZTR platform also has a tendency to lose speed when turning, or adjusting heading..

T3K: Steering is intuitive, and nearly impossible to cause damage at any experience level. It is essentially equally effortless on hills which require slight full speed turns.. The T3k uses a tractor drive, and Steering wheels, so speed is constant.

Speed: They're just different

Z: top speed; 8mph or so.. GPS Speedometer included for calibration.

T3K: top speed; 5mph. The machine is 'capable' of more.. but TurfCo designed it to always run calibrated for spraying, and spreading at top speed. The limitation is not as bad as you imagine.

Acceleration: The Z wins here

Z: You are in complete control of acceleration simply by having your hands on the control handles. Forward, reverse.. Doesn’t matter.. One trained hand can do it all.

T3K: Speed controls are not available without dedicating a hand to it. The foot pedal speed lock is a great fix, but cannot be used to ADJUST speed.. Only maintain it.

Reverse: The Z wins

Z: Fast reverse, as before, all with one hand.

T3K: Slower reverse speed.. Maybe 1/3rd as fast? Using the same speed control.. The foot pedal WILL work on reverse as well.

180 degree turns: In live testing, I found that this is too close to call.. They’re just different. I personally prefer the Z.. But that's preference.

Z: 180 degree turns with very little radius (not true ZTR due to the drive wheels being in the back). A 180 degree turn requires a stop, then one wheel forward, one wheel reverse... then another stop, then both wheels forward. It is very difficult to make a 180 degree turn with a heavy ZTR like this in any other way without damaging the turf. 180 degree 9+ foot radius turns (as lining up for the next pass) are typically effortless.. Unless you're on a hill.

T3K: Your turning radius is wider than the Z, but not that much more. a 3 point turn for 180 degrees is extremely fast.. almost as fast as the Z. and harmless to the turf. 180 degrees 9 ft wide or more is effortless. Be careful, especially on hills for full speed turns that are too wide to line up for the next pass.

Ride Quality: The T3K wins here pretty easily via the ft platform

Z: A metal vented platform, which sits on top of 4 over sized rubber feet. It's slippery when wet, or on a steep hill.. The foot stand places your knees too close to the machine, and bumps hurt the legs and feet.. some bumps are magnified by way of the rubber feet, and you will lose contact with the foot platform.. 1st week out, my employee was thrown completely off the Z, and landed a few feet away.. scary. The rigid Z frame emphasizes bumps.

T3K A thin metal platform suspended on a pivot point, and covered in a very thick rubber matt (like what cashiers stand on in Wal-Mart) It's stupidly simple, and works GREAT. Bumps are not damaging.. you knees sit further from the machine, and the platform is closer to the ground, allowing better hill performance as well. The Tractor frame of the T3K has a pivoting front axle.. Makes most bumps easier.

Spreading: The Z spray wins with me.. Although some users may prefer the ease of the T3K spreader.

Z: Although more difficult to calibrate, and keep in calibration (due to speed variables) The fact that the Z is CAPABLE of spreading 5 ft to 25 ft makes it the winner right off the bat, due to time savings.. I run mine at 15ft or so.. The Deflector lacks something, and short folks may need to get off the machine to engage it.

T3K: Usually calibrated from the factory. It only has 2 width settings 6ft and 10ft. At full speed, the spreader is effortless to use, and is impossible to screw up. It also matches the spray width of the machine, and the deflector can be accessed by anyone without having to stop the machine.

Spraying: I thought the T3K was better. The Zs four tips can make it more accurate though. and in the hose wand challenge, the Z decimated the T3K

Z: 8 feet wide.. 4 tips spraying almost straight down gives laser like accuracy, and reduces drift. That's also the problem. Any damaging over spraying will be obvious with sharp edges, and very little feathering. The booms can get in the way.
However the Spray wand with hose reel is a MUST HAVE.

T3K: 1 wide angle spray tip, which can be used at 6 ft or 10 foot, and 1 narrow, accurate 'edging' tip which probably covers 4 ft.. Giving the accuracy around beds, and the larger feathering tip does not show over spraying very bad at all.. It also emulates the pattern of the spreader. Very nice. There are no redeeming qualities in the hose wand, other than it's MUCH better than nothing. On the bright side, I found that I didn't have to use it as much due to the machine getting thru gates so easily.

Hills: The T3K wins here.. a point of much debate.

Z: even with intermediate tires, sliding down hills CAN happen.. The machine is 3 times as heavy as the T3K, and I've had it fish tail down a hill before with the casters locked. Granted the turf was slightly moist.. Much more common is having it 'nose dive' down hills. and if this happens, Control of the ZTR tires does nothing other than tear turf as you slide. The Z (especially with intermediate tires) is sure footed enough on moderate hills WITH PRACTICE. just keep it off the side of 25 degree or greater slopes. It can CLIMB nearly any hill.. just can't go down the side of them safely.

T3K: I've yet to find a hill that this machine can't tackle.. 30 degrees is not a problem.. Nose dives and fish tails do not happen.. The machine has a lower center of gravity, weighs a lot less, and has the weight better balanced. Sorry.. It's just the truth.. It can also climb any hill straight up, and turning on the sides of very steep hills is also a possibility.. All of this with very little experience required.

Transport: T3k Wins

Z: You'll need a trailer, or a ramp.. The machine weighs 1500 lbs.. that's almost a pallet of fert... so it also lowers your capacity. On the bright side, I've found loading and unloading onto a tilt trailer VERY fast.. probably faster than the T3K even. Very few viable tie down points.

T3k: 500lb unloaded weight.. same as 10 bags of fert.. Carry it on a carry rack, or however you want.. It is not as large of a machine, and won't monopolize your space like the Z will.. I would still like more tie downs... but at lease the T3K HAS tie down points..

Curb Hopping: T3K is less violent, and just as capable.. as the Z...
Price/ Value: I feel like I get more bang for the buck with the Z.. they'll both pay for themselves quickly though.

Size: The T3k is smaller than any LT rich offering that I've seen.. It weighs a third as much as my Jr, Is about the same length.. Not as tall, and is much narrower.. Add the intermediate tires to the Z, and it's not going in anything other than a drive gate..

Support: Both excellent.

Companies: Both have great American companies.

Durability: Most problems I had with the T3K were my fault.. mixing 2 gallons of ferromec per 17 gallon fill... bottom line, although to my eye, the Z SEEMS more durable, I haven’t used EITHER machine long enough to answer this question beyond the shadow of a doubt.. in 50 hours, they both performed well enough in this category.

Customization: The Z wins here.. Of course they've been in the business forever..

Fleet potential: The T3K is by far a better machine for employees and fleets.. As a owner, I'm not worried about the Ride-on related phone calls I'm going to get from my 10 hour T3K operator.. whereas I'm always worried when I send out my guy on the Z if there are any hills, and there's also the fear of miscalibration.. I can't get the guys to leave the throttle, and cruise controls alone on my Z.. It's not an option with the T3K

Small properties 3k-15k: T3K all the way.. it's got the perfect size and potential for these..

Medium Properties 15k-25k Tossup.. Both machines will be great.. the question here is back gate size.. the T3K will get in any gate I've found.

Large Properties 25K+ The Z excels here... mainly due to the granular abilities... Liquid is a tossup.. until you look in a different class like a Z MAX.. which again, is apples and oranges when compared with the T3K

Engine: No real difference.

Drive Train: They're about the same, other than ZTR control Vs strait drive.. SOMETIMES the t3k differential will give hiccup in traction.. nothing major.

So Who's the winner? I guess that depends on what's important to you.. I already own a Z.. and it's beginning to look like I'm just gonna have to stick with it a while.. but if the T3K adds a hose reel, works out a better throttle system, and adds greater spread width, it would be a REALLY easy win for turf-co. As it is, I think the answer lies in what kinda hills you have.. and how many.

What else you wanna know??

Josh.S
07-22-2009, 03:21 AM
Just one quick question. Where do you read the Zspray is 1500 lbs?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=2818659&postcount=14

Grandview
07-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Ray, I think that was a pretty good review. I do not agree with everything you said but you only have 50 hours and its a Junior. For me the T3000's limited speed and spread width take it out of consideration. I think the Z wins with the engine. We will see how long the T3000 holds up with its engine. It is a lot smaller.

rcreech
07-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Nice reveiw Rayholio.

I drove the T yesterday at the Indy show. I thought of you because even though I had ran it before...it made me very uncomfortable. Just because it was the "new feeling". I think all machines take time to get a feel for what they can do.

After I ran the T...I went over and jumped on the Z and even thought they are both good machines...the Z felt like home! :)

Nothing better then the feeling of a Z sitting under ya!~

As we have always said and agree...to each his own!

I would have liked to see you touch on price vs value. I think the T is priced out of the ballpark and should be closer to the PG. They would be much more competitive if they were $1500 less or so. JMO...but they are priced almost with the Z Max!

WHY?????

Josh.S
07-22-2009, 08:51 AM
As we have always said and agree...to each his own!

I would have liked to see you touch on price vs value. I think the T is priced out of the ballpark and should be closer to the PG. They would be much more competitive if they were $1500 less or so. JMO...but they are priced almost with the Z Max!

WHY?????

+1

And when you are talking about the longevity of the machine the T does not have grease zyrcs in places I think it should.

Also the frame of the T is not even stainless steal. The hopper mount is, but not by the front tires and such.

I think it would be a nice machine but I just don't understand how a smaller engine, belt drive, pull start machine that is not even stainless costs so much more.

Grandview
07-22-2009, 08:57 AM
I see an economics lesson is needed here. The T3000 is priced to maximize Turfco profits. They are charging what they can get. They are no different than any other company.

Josh.S
07-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Transport: T3k Wins

Z: You'll need a trailer, or a ramp.. The machine weighs 1500 lbs.. that's almost a pallet of fert... so it also lowers your capacity. On the bright side, I've found loading and unloading onto a tilt trailer VERY fast.. probably faster than the T3K even. Very few viable tie down points.

T3k: 500lb unloaded weight.. same as 10 bags of fert.. Carry it on a carry rack, or however you want.. It is not as large of a machine, and won't monopolize your space like the Z will.. I would still like more tie downs... but at lease the T3K HAS tie down points.....

Not that this really matters, but here is the weight of each machine (max to jr 36) from the L.T. Rich website.

Rayholio
07-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Yep.. I GROSSLY mistated the weight of the Z.. I probably did the same with the T3k.. I have no problem lifting the front of it up without assistance... I don't have ANY idea where I got 1500 lb.. Pulled it from a faulty memory.. LOL Sorry :(

As far as economics, and cost Vs Value, Either machine will pay for itself in a year pretty easily.. In my situtaltion, Either machine costs about the same as the TAXES for me to have another employee.. Yes... one is cheaper than the other.. but the fact is that these ride ons could be 10k or 15k each, and would still be cost justifiable.

The T3K I used had grease certs on the front casters, and all MAJOR parts. There were a couple pullys I had questions about.. but those are factory packed.. and sealed.

Y'know many of the industrial bearing supply companys provide grease certs to make the customer happy, but what the customer ends up doing is over greasing the bearings, popping the seal, and destroying the bearings by allowing dirt to get in.. I wouldn't hold that against the T3K until a couple years have past, and then we can see what happens.. That said, the T3K is only a couple years old, and probably does have a few bugs to work out. They seem VERY willing to accept that fact, and will likely not leave you high and dry.

About the frame construction on the T3k... the T3K uses steel sandwiched inside of a non-rusting metal.. (I don't remember the details, however bob explained it to me.. ) Mine didn't rust, and it was outside stored most of the time during the rainy season. I personally would buy with confidence that the frame isn't going to rust.

Sorry about the weight thing again.. I feel pretty bad about that.. no way to edit it now..

rcreech
07-22-2009, 10:25 AM
I see an economics lesson is needed here. The T3000 is priced to maximize Turfco profits. They are charging what they can get. They are no different than any other company.

Turf Hokie,

I thought the weights were way off...but wasn't sure do didn't want to comment. Was thinking my Z Int was around 1000 loaded but couldn't remember!

Grandview,

I understand what you are saying...but at the beginning I was going to be a proud owner of a T-3000.

Then...once I started looking at the Z in comparison to the T, I totally changed my mind because of the value.

Now looking back I really do feel that there is MUCH more value with the Z for my operation. From capacity to effeciency (due to multiple tanks etc.)

Same thing in the tractor market. If the "off brands" are about the same price or just a little less then then a Deere or Kubota it is a very easy decision to make!!!!!!!

Maybe it doesn't make sense...but it does to me!

My point is...I KNOW they could sell a lot more machines if they were priced more reasonably, but for the dollar I just don't see it being the best long term decision!

Not picking a fight, but why pay more for a new machine that hasn't yet proven itself over the long haul.

:confused:

turfcobob
07-22-2009, 03:19 PM
+1

And when you are talking about the longevity of the machine the T does not have grease zyrcs in places I think it should.

Also the frame of the T is not even stainless steal. The hopper mount is, but not by the front tires and such.

I think it would be a nice machine but I just don't understand how a smaller engine, belt drive, pull start machine that is not even stainless costs so much more.

Correction

The " A Frame " and main frame is stainless. The front bumper, axle and front tire spindles are not. But they are SOLID STEEL, powder coat paint and then rhino hide covered. Without paint it would take a lifetime to rust through 1.5 inches of SOLID STEEL.

brizine
07-22-2009, 04:25 PM
On the engines, throw hp ratings out, the big difference is the t comes with a intek semi/commercial and the z comes with a vanguard full/commercial. Google both engines and you will see a big difference in what people think of them.

rcreech
07-22-2009, 05:30 PM
On the engines, throw hp ratings out, the big difference is the t comes with a intek semi/commercial and the z comes with a vanguard full/commercial. Google both engines and you will see a big difference in what people think of them.

Interesting!

Are you sure that one is semi/commerical and the other is FULL/commercial?

Just curious to how you found out!

I just tried to google them and didn't have the best luck finding the differences.

Can you post a link to what you are referring to?

Rayholio
07-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I got a prototype engine in my Z.. and bob told me that they are going to a higher HP engine in the next run.. and I didn't see a difference in my 50 hours.. so not really worth splitting hairs over at this point.

americanlawn
07-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks Ray for your time & effort to review both machines. You're right -- they are way different. You're also correct in stating both units are worth much more money cuz they save so much time, manpower, salary expenses, etc.

We load our T's in about 45 seconds (includes folding up the 2 ramps & strapping it down).

Neither of our T's have any rust whatsoever. One unit is approaching 500 hours.

Both units still perform like new. (hope this answers questions for some folks wondering how durable they are)

We also like the Z-Spray units. We tried ALL sizes locally --and at L.T. Rich in Indiana (thanks Scott).

Our situation is that we have a "mixed bag" of lawn sizes. We might treat a 20 acre property and then treat 4000 lawns the same day.

With the T, we spray well over 10 feet with a 3 foot overlap, so this helps when spraying the large properties.

We also feel that we save money with the T3000. 1) Pickup truck w/carrier rack vs trailer or large vehicle. 2) Less chance of burning lawns/flowers, etc with the spray. 3) If one of my ride-on applicator is sick or on vacation, I have two other guys who can take over without a huge learning curve.

Engine: No prob, Plenty of power. Never use oil. I'm surprised to hear that TURFCO is looking at a different engine.

Both units as well as the fine companies that manufacture them are awesome.

Thanks again Ray. My 2 cents worth. :usflag:

EVM
07-22-2009, 09:02 PM
\ 2) Less chance of burning lawns/flowers, etc with the spray.
:

Why would there be less of a chance with the T3?

brizine
07-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Thats funny, I went to the briggs website and the inteks are not even considered commercial any more. Only commercial link goes to vanguard. I did a lot of research on these motors this last winter when Lt Rich went from kawasaki to briggs. I wanted to make sure it was going to hold up before I gave them my money. When I was researching there was three lines of briggs motors and the intek was listed semi/commercial. After many hours hanging out on small engine forums, I came to the conclusion that the vanguard currently in the z was the best choice even over the kawasaki. So I ended up with a zmax briggs. Trouble free so far, but only time will tell.

superintendent
07-22-2009, 10:13 PM
You said that you use ferramec but I can't use it or mulitgreen due to clogging up my sprayer. At first I was using Drive and multigreen and it was making a mess with my filter clogging it up so I thought it was the drive so I change over to Q4 and that didn't work so I change my iron or micro-nutrients"multigreen 2" to ferramec and still having the problem. I have the Z inter

americanlawn
07-22-2009, 10:29 PM
The T3000 does not burn grass due to overuse of liquid herbicides or granular fertilizers. Z's do.... Here's why.

Picture a zero-turn unit (mower or Z-Spray unit, same thing/doesn't matter) -- do a 'Z-turn' & see. You are doubling or tripling the amount of spray, and probably applying excess fert at the same time. Either of these products can burn/kill turf. We experienced this many times over the years when we ran a zero-turn unit "Z-Two" sprayer/spreader (LESCO). The highly boasted "zero-turn" feature that Z guys say is better than the the T3000's hydrostatic transmission has issues that we do not like. The hydrostatic tranmision has never let us down - ever.

Been running T's since early April 2008. We have never seen turf burn from liquid herbicides or dry fert. Ever.

Most properties at least have a mail box (okay?). Some even have street signs, electric poles, etc. They might even have a tree on their property too. :laugh: T's cover every square inch. Z-Sprays do not cuz they rely on a "boom bar" that gets in the way (quote from one of my local buds). Basically they slow down near obstacles and miss areas at the same time -- while spraying at the same rate -- not good. (overspray & off label...which is illegal).

My 2 cents worth. Got more, but I will stop at this point (s).

Why would there be less of a chance with the T3?

Rayholio
07-23-2009, 12:29 AM
I have to agree with American.. When I was running Ferromec thru my machine(s) at 8 oz per 1k, With the Z there would be blackend grass on the inside of most turns.. around flower beds, and ESPECIALLY turns 45 degrees or more. Note that the ZTR loses speed around turns unless you have the masters touch.. We also noted 'burning' at the start of passes that were not at full speed.. The problem was almost non existant with the T3000 because the fan tip feathers much better, shoots further in front of the machine (to minimize turning differentials) and is boomless.. The only down side is that the boomless fan tip needs to be watched closely as it can get into beds if you're not being careful... That's also why the T3K comes with an edging in tip.. And booms DO get in the way.. A lot less turning and dodging around obsticles with the T3K

I've allready ordered all the parts to put the T3K boomless spray tip on my Z... THAT's how impressed I was.

Superintendent..

As far as I've seen, Iron is an impossibility with both machines.. The Feed, return, and agitation lines are too small, and the pumps are not powerful enough to keep iron from causing 100% blockages.. I even tried applying at 1 gallon per 1k.. and its' just not happening... I'm looking for a chemical that will provide a similar greenup and is ride-on friendly... so far, no love. I think both ride ons excel at granular more than liquid.. It seems to only be good for weed killers.. Not enough volume for fungicides (1 gal per k) Insecticides are pretty much the same.. (sorry.. 17k outta one tank.. might as well pull a hose..) and I havn't had good luck with fertilizers yet... Granted I've never attempted to use a liquid fert before this year..

rcreech
07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
I run 1/4 gallon tips on my Z...and have had no problems personally with any burn.

Do you do a header pass? I always go around the edge first and I can turn however fast or slow I want to. How are you guys seeing this?

Rayholio,

I too am going to add a flood tip so I can spray boomless in wooded areas.

I will say that the flood is much more prone to drift on windy days. The AI tip does a much better job in most cases!

Personally I was never big on a boom sprayer...but now it is no big deal! I can spray 10-12 mph where I used to stop at 5 mph with the flood on my PG.

EVM
07-23-2009, 07:54 PM
I've allready ordered all the parts to put the T3K boomless spray tip on my Z...

Who did you order from? Turfco or LT? Will your Z still have its original abilities after you complete this mod?

rcreech
07-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Who did you order from? Turfco or LT? Will your Z still have its original abilities after you complete this mod?

All you have to do is swith a valve (or that is what I am going to do.

That way you can switch back and forth from the boom to flood quickly.

americanlawn
07-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi RC -- just a note for Z-Spray guys. The T3000 standard (full spray) nozzle is light blue, and it puts out about 0.3 gpm. On terribly weedy lawns, we swap it out & put in the light green nozzle, cuz it puts out nearly twice as much spray. So you may want to order both the "blue & the green" nozzles, and see which one works best for you. We buy ours at http://www.sprayers.com. I know TURFCO carries the standard light blue nozzle - not sure if they carry the light green.

I'm at home now, so I can't give you the item numbers. Take care, Larry

p.s. If you are in doubt as to what nozzles to buy/try, you can call Sprayer Specialties in Grimes, IA -- just ask what we bought (both light green & blue). (American Lawn Care) Tell 'em Larry sent you. It's the link above.

rcreech
07-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi RC -- just a note for Z-Spray guys. The T3000 standard (full spray) nozzle is light blue, and it puts out about 0.3 gpm. On terribly weedy lawns, we swap it out & put in the light green nozzle, cuz it puts out nearly twice as much spray. So you may want to order both the "blue & the green" nozzles, and see which one works best for you. We buy ours at http://www.sprayers.com. I know TURFCO carries the standard light blue nozzle - not sure if they carry the light green.

I'm at home now, so I can't give you the item numbers. Take care, Larry

p.s. If you are in doubt as to what nozzles to buy/try, you can call Sprayer Specialties in Grimes, IA -- just ask what we bought (both light green & blue). (American Lawn Care) Tell 'em Larry sent you. It's the link above.

THANKS LARRY!

How are things out west? Getting any rain?

EVM
07-23-2009, 09:04 PM
All you have to do is swith a valve (or that is what I am going to do.

That way you can switch back and forth from the boom to flood quickly.

So just like the switch for the hose reel? Just run hose to the front of the boom, drill a hole, and insert the tip? Any special height requirement for the tip?

rcreech
07-23-2009, 09:13 PM
So just like the switch for the hose reel? Just run hose to the front of the boom, drill a hole, and insert the tip? Any special height requirement for the tip?

I think Grandview already has this set up so I will probably be asking him.

But...I think we should be able to run the flood off the center boom hose. All you should need is a T valve.

I will confirm with LT and/or Grandview...but I am certain that it will provide enough gallons for the one tip.

It will be a VERY CHEAP add on and once again...add another awesome option for the machine.

T Valve, a foot or two of hose and a tip and tip body and you are good to go. Probably can do all of it for $25.

I am not sure of the height...but I would be guessing somewhere around 18-24". Again will have to look at nozzle guide and or talk to LT and/or Grandview.

americanlawn
07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi RC - not as much rain here lately. Cooler weather with more clouds too. Farmers want more heat now to promote what could be a record corn crop. Soybeans -- no prob yet. Haven't heard of too much spraying for soybean aphids either, but I'm sure this will happen. My brother who runs our family farms in NW Iowa missed the hail and says all crops look very fine right now.

Went to an "all you can eat" sweet corn day last Saturday. I ate 8 ears (plus the pork sandwich, watermellon, and ice tea). Blues bands too. (Highland Park, IA)

I kinda wish there was a nozzle in between the light blue & the light green. Oh well -- you Z guys run fast anyway. :laugh:

Please say hi to VIC - nice guy. Take care buddy. Hope to see you down the road.

Rayholio
07-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Sorry.. Yeah.. I odered the parts from LT rich with the exception of the nozzle. I havn't ordered the nozzle yet, and I'll get on that site listed above to do it.. Is there one that covers wider than 10ft? anyone know?

It will have it's own on/off valve and will not effect the old spray system.. I will have 1/4 gallon tips on the Z to match that of the Hi-flow nozzle.. Should be pretty cool :)

ted putnam
07-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Guy's, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of tip is this you plan to order...a floodjet??? I'd sure like to know. Sounds like a cheap, easy option to install and as we all know...options are good to have. Thanks for any info.

rcreech
07-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Guy's, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of tip is this you plan to order...a floodjet??? I'd sure like to know. Sounds like a cheap, easy option to install and as we all know...options are good to have. Thanks for any info.

Ted,

It is a flood but I am not sure which one. I have always been a T-Jet fan but everyone else is using Hypro so I may just us them.

As far as using a flood jet wider then 10 ft that would scare me to death. You already prone to getting more drift and "off target" with at flood jet then a typical flat fan so the wider you go the prone you will be to drifting.

Not for me anyway!

Grandview
07-24-2009, 08:00 AM
The tip I am going to install is a Hypro Hi-Flow. They spray wide but like a fan. Drift is a lot less than a flood. The nozzle is the one thing I did like about the Turfco 3000. It has a 140 degree pattern and distribution is even across the pattern. I will probably use the 140-08, the smallest one. They make a 140-10 and 140-15 also. You probably will want to mount it using a round nozzle body holder so you can angle it down. Otherwise it will spray to wide for most lawns. I buy them from a local ag supply dealer. If they do not have it they order them.

ted putnam
07-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks Rod and Grandview. I looked at the link Larry posted and there was all kinds of nozzles listed. My Ultra uses the turbo floodjets and I knew whichever one y'all were talking about would spray out not down. Thanks again for the info.

ted putnam
07-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks Rod and Grandview. I looked at the link Larry posted and there was all kinds of nozzles listed. My Ultra uses the turbo floodjets and I knew whichever one y'all were talking about would spray out not down. Thanks again for the info.

I forgot to tell you thanks also Larry...for posting that link :)