PDA

View Full Version : ? on momentum app price

ProTouch Groundscapes
07-22-2009, 03:16 PM
im trying to figure out a quick price on application of momentum fx2 via a stihl sg20 backpack sprayer. i pay about 80 bucks per gallon of momentum (includes tax) and am mixing at a rate of 1-1.5 ounces per gallon of water. I want to charge two customers who asked me for this application by gallon applied to their yard. they are rather small patches, one is less than 2K and the other not even 1K of turf. I was thinking $20 per gallon applied. i hate asking, but does this seem right? we have done plenty of granular apps but im a bit more concerned about this liquid app.

Josh.S
07-22-2009, 05:12 PM
im trying to figure out a quick price on application of momentum fx2 via a stihl sg20 backpack sprayer. i pay about 80 bucks per gallon of momentum (includes tax) and am mixing at a rate of 1-1.5 ounces per gallon of water. I want to charge two customers who asked me for this application by gallon applied to their yard. they are rather small patches, one is less than 2K and the other not even 1K of turf. I was thinking $20 per gallon applied. i hate asking, but does this seem right? we have done plenty of granular apps but im a bit more concerned about this liquid app.

According to Ohio Dept of Ag website your business (in your sig) is not registered to apply pesticides. So the answer to your question is no, rather than a dollar amount.

ProTouch Groundscapes
07-22-2009, 06:14 PM
lic #: 97986

do you have anything more helpful to add?

RigglePLC
07-22-2009, 08:58 PM
How about charge you usual hourly rate plus cost of the product.

turf hokie
07-22-2009, 09:31 PM

NICE>>>

I agree, it is tough to give a price per gallon. I never do that just based on the fact that I could spray 1 gallon per k or 4 gallons per k. I like the idea of your regular hourly plus material. Or just tell them that you will do it for X and leave it at that.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-22-2009, 09:41 PM

Kinda spooky that your biz name or name does not show up on your state licensing website as per the poster above. You might want to get that checked out - anyone lic to apply pesticides should show up there for the public to see (at least that is how it is here in MN anyway)

Also, for these small lawns, I would make some sort of minimum charge like $30 for the application. Most have a price per 1k sq ft, but also have a minimum price pt they will not drop below.

EVM
07-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Service call = $65.00

ProTouch Groundscapes
07-22-2009, 10:19 PM
sorry to disappoint you guys, but i was shuffling through my filing cabinets looking for my actual license, i pulled the license number off my pamphlets.

turns out I somehow let the license lapse and its currently expired. I dont know how the letter from Matt Beal slipped past me for the current licensing period about the reminder to renew, but i just filled out my application again. I apologize and appreciate your vigilence to check out those for proper credentials. there are lots of high school operations around here applying product without proper credentials.

back to the topic on hand, we usually only apply granular product on 4 or 5 app per season packages, or individual requests for fert or weed control via granular product. Or starter ferts on new seedings along with the follow up app 4-6 weeks later. I am unfamiliar pricing liquid app, so the easiest way I came up with quickly was to price per gallon, as 1 ounce of product costs me approx. 60 cents which i just rounded to 1 dollar and figured the rest as labor and overhead. working with such little material cost I am probably going to just bid per the job as I have alot of leeway doing it that route.

Runner
07-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Why in the world would you be using Momentum FX2 at this time of year? I think I'll leave this one alone.

rcreech
07-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Why would your license be in a filing cabinet? You should carry it on you!

ALSO...you shouldn't have to look at your license to know your number! If you use it you would know it!

None of this is going together for me! Stick to mowing bud!

WOW! :dizzy:

Runner
07-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Like 250056? :)
Oh wait...Here is our page. It allows us to see last years licenses, too. http://www.michigan.gov/mda/0,1607,7-125-1569_2459-11993--,00.html

ProTouch Groundscapes
07-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Why in the world would you be using Momentum FX2 at this time of year? I think I'll leave this one alone.

b/c some customers still have broadleafs in there yard. we have had cool temps here for while, not the usual for this time of year.

ALSO...you shouldn't have to look at your license to know your number! If you use it you would know it!

we dont have a dedicated fert/herbicide app vehicle and we are between several vehicles. yes i dont do much application, maybe 6 to 10 customers who are on a package plan for 5 apps. like i said, fert is not a large part of our company at all, just another service we offer.

how often do i use my license number?? where and when would i use it often enough to have to have it memorized?

not just mowing bud, about 60% of our revenues come from hardscape/landscape installation so we do have more knowledge and skills than your typical mow and blow crew thank you.

Like 250056?
Oh wait...Here is our page. It allows us to see last years licenses, too. http://www.michigan.gov/mda/0,1607,7...1993--,00.html

i just looked, but our DA page doesnt have any archive info for licenses, at least any that I could find.

Stillwater
07-23-2009, 01:02 AM
According to Ohio Dept of Ag website your business (in your sig) is not registered to apply pesticides. So the answer to your question is no, rather than a dollar amount.

smart ass..........

Stillwater
07-23-2009, 01:04 AM

yep ya, better leave it alone being in MI.

Stillwater
07-23-2009, 01:06 AM

WOW! :dizzy:

Thats where mine are.........

Runner
07-23-2009, 01:19 AM
i just looked, but our DA page doesnt have any archive info for licenses, at least any that I could find.

I didn't realize it was that cool down there at this time of year. Granted, we've had a below normal temp summer as well, but I'm sure not using that. I guess if it's that cool though,...it can be used.
Anyway,...on that lnk,...click on Licensing at the left side of the screen, and then there s a category of Find a Licensed Applicator. There are different categories it is separated into, including alphabetical and by county.

rcreech
07-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Thats where mine are.........

Is your drivers license in their also? :laugh:

Don't know...but bet you are supposed to carry it with you but would have to check!

That is probably why it is cut real small and real thin....ya think?

We legally have to leave our license number with the customer...so if it is in the dudes cabinet and he don't know the number then he isn't doing it right anyway.

FdLLawnMan
07-23-2009, 08:40 AM
I don't know about all states but in Wisconsin we must have our license on us when we are doing are applications and must leave it behind with the customer. On these small of lawns I would charge some minimum charge such as $30.00 or $40.00 dollars.
Why shouldn't he use Momentum Fx2? It is an amine that can be used up to 90F as long as the plant has plenty of moisture and is respirating properly. If it is dry & hot no herbicide should be used. What do you guys use?

Stillwater
07-23-2009, 10:00 AM
This specific forum should require a separate log-in for verified licensed applicators only. Anyone else sick of all these posts of who is licensed and who is not?. I been in business longer than some of you have been alive and have little patience for this lame BS. 1 question about momentum pricing receives 3 answers and 15 ******ed posts about licenses and filing cabinets.

dmoney
07-23-2009, 10:25 AM
yea I would say make sure to carry the liscense on you at all times. As far as leaving it with the customer, it is always on the part I leave with the customer, so I suppose you would know it, but its not like Im writing it on there everytime. I would charge a minimum price for it, starting at $30.00 As far as all these great answers, I dont think you can expect much more. .:gunsfirin

ProTouch Groundscapes
07-23-2009, 11:19 AM
I didn't realize it was that cool down there at this time of year. Granted, we've had a below normal temp summer as well, but I'm sure not using that. I guess if it's that cool though,...it can be used.

we have barely had 3-4 days in a row where it reached into the high 70's. granted it has been dry the last week, but we have currently had 3 days of straight rain with more forecasted through the middle of next week. I know it would be pointless to put it down if it was dry and hot, but it isnt which is why i am asking about momentum, or else I would have put down a granular weed control, early on a cool morning.

i just sent the recert letter today guys, tough love around here...

I know its hard on you applicators trying to work in between giants like trugreen and scotts and then on the other side of the spectrum you have fly by night ops, no insurance, no licenses etc... You are all just trying to protect your jobs, and I appreciate the lesson and the advice on this forum. Like I said earlier, I dont think we put down more than 12-15 bags of app per round, so this is a very small part of our company, not our lifeblood you some of you guys.

zurfsturfcare
07-23-2009, 04:12 PM
This specific forum should require a separate log-in for verified licensed applicators only. Anyone else sick of all these posts of who is licensed and who is not?. I been in business longer than some of you have been alive and have little patience for this lame BS. 1 question about momentum pricing receives 3 answers and 15 ******ed posts about licenses and filing cabinets.

amen to that! I love how ppl complain so much cuz it would take them 1 minute to answer someones questions but they'll spend 5 minutes looking to see if they are licensed :dizzy:

zurfsturfcare
07-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Is your drivers license in their also? :laugh:

Don't know...but bet you are supposed to carry it with you but would have to check!

That is probably why it is cut real small and real thin....ya think?

We legally have to leave our license number with the customer...so if it is in the dudes cabinet and he don't know the number then he isn't doing it right anyway.

wow talk about a smart ass comment, and yes the state of Ohio requires us to carry our license but our license number is not required on documentation left with the homeowner

rcreech
07-23-2009, 04:49 PM
wow talk about a smart ass comment, and yes the state of Ohio requires us to carry our license but our license number is not required on documentation left with the homeowner

It was a smart a comment...but that is why I put the laughing guy on there.

Are you sure you don't have to leave your lic number?

I do and always have!

I will have to check on that as I was sure you had to leave your name and number.

zurfsturfcare
07-23-2009, 05:45 PM

I do and always have!

I will have to check on that as I was sure you had to leave your name and number.

true, the laughing guy was there. I just wanted to give you a hard time, but Yea, i'm 99.9% sure. Unless they have changed it very recently. You are required to leave applicators name. It's definitely not a bad idea, i do it too. Not every homeowner knows you have to be licensed to do this and I think them seeing that helps reinforce that they can't hire just anyone to do it. I wish the dept of ag would do PSA on this matter, it couldn't hurt.

Josh.S
07-23-2009, 06:27 PM

I do and always have!

You have to leave your name but as far as I know you do not have to leave your number. I don't, although it's not a bad idea either way.

rcreech
07-23-2009, 09:19 PM
You have to leave your name but as far as I know you do not have to leave your number. I don't, although it's not a bad idea either way.

I always wrote it on there before...but there is a place in Real Green that prints it on there now so I don't have to.

Runner
07-24-2009, 04:10 PM
In Michigan, the license no. has to be on the sos, and the nae and certification no. of the applicator or tech. has to be on there, as well.

Runner
07-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh,...one other thing..I was thinking Momentum fx2 was an ester formulation...that is why I was questioning it. If it is an amine, then that certainly works for this time of year.

ProTouch Groundscapes
07-24-2009, 05:59 PM
the only precautions applicable to this time of year that I can find on the label are:

"application under drought conditions may provide less than desirable results"

"avoid applying during excessively hot or dry periods due to increased evaporation and drift potential "

Runner
07-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah, but like you had mentioned before, if you are having relatively cool temps, like in the 70's, you are alright. Like here, it has been cool, and though we just ran through a small bit of a spell that was starting to get dry (more so to the south of us down by Detroit), things are still relatively green. We have more rain coming through now the last and next few days, so that should really help. As far as blanket spraying, as crazy as it sounds, I have been spraying entire lawns on new accounts I'm picking up. This would be totally unheard of in normal conditions at this time of year...not just because of temps, but because it would be ineffective.