PDA

View Full Version : Fence estimate

A1 Lawn@Landscapes
04-17-2002, 05:07 PM
I have a customer that wants a fence installed. Wants a vinyl fence installed for 3 sections (18 ft) than the same distance for a landscape bed fence. They are looking for a stagered effect due to the distance ( 420 ft). I would usually pass on this but it is a customer of mine for a few years and I do not want to lose them. It has become very cut throat around here the past two years. My questions are...

1) How do I figure this as far as labor time?
2) Do I need to do anything special considering it is a vinyl fence?
3) How stable will it be considering it will be in 18ft sections? It will be in a wide open area on top of a hill.
I have done a number of searches and can not fond a thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kerry

bmh1202
04-18-2002, 09:59 PM
In my area, it is priced at about $40 a foot, depending on the terrain.
The fence that I'm familiar with must be set in concrete and once it's put together it's really stable and secure. If the area is a high wind area, you may want to add some extra concrete.
This type of fence is really taking off in this area. It costs a bit more initially, but you figure there is virtually no upkeep-how can you go wrong.

A1 Lawn@Landscapes
04-19-2002, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the info.
I priced it at my cost of materials plus $60 per section for labor. I lost it to a fence company. They bid about half what I did.