PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding a "Group Buy" level of interest

Magna-Matic
07-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Hello All,

We've recently have gotten a few questions regarding a "group buy" for lawnsite members.

My question to lawnsite members is: If a good discount/free wheels or accessories were offered, how many members would have interest.

Because we would like to see a minimum of 10 members to make the group buy worthwhile.

Please post comments/suggestions.

Thank you,

lilweeds
07-22-2009, 08:45 PM
I would like one, it all depends on how much of a deal!

djagusch
07-22-2009, 09:34 PM
I possibly would be interested. For 10% no, but more off yes. I was actually planning on emailing you after the season to go try one out (I live 6 hrs away) and see if I could get a end of season special so you don't carry inventory over the winter.

Ranjr13
07-23-2009, 02:14 PM
I guess I don't get it. The machine (8000 or 9000) is an excellent design, built to the highest quality standards, comes with excellent support, is American Made, and will save money of the majority of those in this forum who make money by cutting grass in many ways, thus why would or should there be any further discounts?

Mine saves me time, and time is money. It saves me time in sharpening blades, and time in cutting - it makes the mowing machine work faster. It saves me money in reduced fuel used during the cutting because the machine is running more efficiently. It saves me money in doing a better job of sharpening blades which results in more blade life. It saves me money by reducing wear and tear on the mowing machine by doing a better job of balancing and sharpening the blades. It probably makes me money on the intangible side by making the lawns look better, because a sharper cut is a better cut - people appreciate that.

These machines pay for themselves. If you are concerned with making money, remember - it takes money to make money. Buy the thing at the fair price as published, expect the utmost from Gerd and the company, and take care of your machine(s) as they should be. You will be more profitable.

Don't "nickel and dime" a good thing. If anyone can't part with the full price send me your blades, I'll sharpen them for a fee, and send them back - your mowing machine will perform better, and I'll have my Magna Matic pay for itself even quicker.

Magna-Matic
07-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Hello All,

Thank you for the compliments and recognition of our passion for quality Ranjr13, we greatly appreciate them.

Please note, I still have only two posts with interest for a group buy, unless we would see a minimum of 10 members looking to buy, we won't be setting up a "group buy"

Thank you,

j43w1
08-03-2009, 04:43 PM
I would be intrested in buying the 9000

hackitdown
08-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I would buy a 9000. Thanks. I suggest getting permission to post the offer in other Lawnsite Forums.

TheUfan
08-04-2009, 10:06 PM
I guess I don't get it. The machine (8000 or 9000) is an excellent design, built to the highest quality standards, comes with excellent support, is American Made, and will save money of the majority of those in this forum who make money by cutting grass in many ways, thus why would or should there be any further discounts?

Mine saves me time, and time is money. It saves me time in sharpening blades, and time in cutting - it makes the mowing machine work faster. It saves me money in reduced fuel used during the cutting because the machine is running more efficiently. It saves me money in doing a better job of sharpening blades which results in more blade life. It saves me money by reducing wear and tear on the mowing machine by doing a better job of balancing and sharpening the blades. It probably makes me money on the intangible side by making the lawns look better, because a sharper cut is a better cut - people appreciate that.

These machines pay for themselves. If you are concerned with making money, remember - it takes money to make money. Buy the thing at the fair price as published, expect the utmost from Gerd and the company, and take care of your machine(s) as they should be. You will be more profitable.

Don't "nickel and dime" a good thing. If anyone can't part with the full price send me your blades, I'll sharpen them for a fee, and send them back - your mowing machine will perform better, and I'll have my Magna Matic pay for itself even quicker.

I'll take one and you can give me this guys discount.

TheUfan
08-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Seriously I want the 8000 and the balancer. If I can get a good discount I will buy one as soon as you guys open tomorrow. Pm me if you guys are serious about moving some units in this down economy because i am ready to make a deal.

JConner
08-04-2009, 11:52 PM
im not sure what the price is but i would also like to get one not sure of what size but im tired of the old bench grinder

tgaskill
08-05-2009, 01:00 AM
I'd be very interested to hear the offer. Been looking, sick of the bench grinder.
Posted via Mobile Device

DLAWNS
08-05-2009, 01:34 AM
I would be very interested in this also. Pleas keep me updated on the details!

big_belly4ever
08-05-2009, 01:50 AM
I also would be interested. If it is as fast as you say. save me time than my bench one.

huttoncut1
08-05-2009, 07:17 AM
I am interested as well in grinder and balancer.

C.Meece
08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Depends on price for me as well.

JShe8918
08-05-2009, 01:17 PM
depends on price... I have been looking.

SLMGT
08-05-2009, 03:04 PM
I am interested in making a purchase. Let me know the details once you get the ten needed for a group purchase.

delphied
08-05-2009, 07:50 PM
I would be interested.

lilweeds
08-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Ok Gerd it's time to make your offer! I threw a post out on the main forum to spark some more interest. I am planning on buying one of these, so what do you have to offer?

Magna-Matic
08-06-2009, 12:40 PM
See this post for the group buy offer
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=285360

LawnGuy73
08-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Rather then doing a "group buy" on here, wouldn't it be easier and better to just sell your product on here at a discounted rate for members. That way if the guys like your product, they will tell others and so on. I'm a member of the MNLA (minnesota nursery and landscape assn) and as a member we get tons of discounts on Ford trucks and other such products for being a member.

Just my opinion......

Magna-Matic
08-06-2009, 07:26 PM
We may consider that in the future.

At this time we are testing to see if some type of lawnsite discount/group buy will yield a worthwhile sales volume increase. After all that is the reason for discounting - to promote additional new sales.

zimmatic
08-09-2009, 12:56 AM
I bought an 8000. NO discount and if I had to do it over again nothing would have changed. It is an awesome machine. I had dreamed about buying one for several years now. Blade sharpening is SO easy. I sharpen 20 blades every week and the machine has paid for itself in the first month. I would suggest if you have alot of blades to buy more grinding stones. They wear fast which is fine because I sharpen alot. When you have employee's they seem to dull blades up really quick.

retrodog
08-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I would be interested in trying one out at the shop.

Magna-Matic
08-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Hello All,

Just a reminder here is the info for the group buy.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=285360

big_belly4ever
08-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Order mine today 9000. Place your orders guys I'm waiting for mine to come. They have 3 sold as of today. Need 7 more, to make the 10 for the group buy