PDA

View Full Version : Dimension How-To?

ussoldierforhire
07-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Ok so I plan on doing another round of aerating and compost dressing my lawn late this summer.

My question is when do I apply my dimension? After aerating and before composting? Or after aerating and composting?

Think Green
07-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Aerate
Top Dress
Apply the Dimension!

The Dimension is a pre-emerge with post-emerge capabilities on some grassy weeds that are at the 3-4 leaf stage. It has to be watered in! If you apply the Dimension after the coring is done and the top dressing is applied, then the Dimension will form the barrier on and into the soil of the core's that are left on the lawn. If you core after the application and watering, chances are, you will pull out crabgrass seeds that are waiting and they will sprout from the cores. If the so-called "BARRIER" is compromised, then you wasted your time.

ussoldierforhire
07-23-2009, 12:10 AM
that's what i figured. now what time is best to aerate in late summer here in Georgia? August? September?

lilmarvin4064
07-23-2009, 08:27 PM
just don't plan on putting any seed down at the same time, k? What is the purpose of Dimension? Fall/winter broadleaves, Poa annua prevention?

ussoldierforhire
07-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Prevent anymore crabgrass that started spreading like wildfire since mid june