PDA

View Full Version : First for me HELP.

gardenkeeper88
07-22-2009, 09:26 PM
So i have a potential customer that wants us to add a addition to her existing concrete patio. We are to add a wall, paver patio, with a fireplace. No prob. I've done this. But she wants us to do something on top of the existing patio so i t will "blend" better with the new. what do I do? She only has 2 1/2 to 2 3/4" step into the house from the existing patio. she will not tear up the existing concrete as it already has footing under it for building a 3 or 4 season room over it down the road. the new patio we will build will be a couple of steppers down following the natural slope of her yard. we are in Northern IN so we are in the winter freeze area.
Thanks in advance.

zedosix
07-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Check out some of the new pavers that are just over one inch in thickness. Parvis is one that comes to mind.

gardenkeeper88
07-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Check out some of the new pavers that are just over one inch in thickness. Parvis is one that comes to mind.

Ok Thanks. What is the best way for an edge. Adhesive?

philboudreault
07-23-2009, 09:51 PM
premium bulldog grip...install when surface is dry...works like a charm

zedosix
07-24-2009, 04:39 PM
If edge is rough, you could use a thinset mortar but if its smooth go with PL premium as Phil suggested. Make sure the brick and porch are clean and dry. Also a good solid hit with mallet will set it for good.