PDA

View Full Version : Soil Analysis Help! ...

shoota34
07-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I moved into a new house in November and finally had a chance to work on the lawn this spring in upstate NY. The previous owner had not really kept very good care of the lawn and had not used much fertilizer if at all. This spring I had applied a scotts step 1 fertilizer in early april and a 16-16-16 fertilizer in late may/early june. This spring/summer my lawn was taken up by many patches of white clover plus with swarming patches of black medic. I have kept the weeds from spreading and have been killing them with an ortho weed b gone for clover/chickweed with variable success

That being said, I just received my results from my soil test from cornell. I've attached the results. It seems that I'm low in phosphorus? Can anyone help me with a plan of action to take in the fall and in the future?

This summer, I'm noticing the lawn is taking a minor hit from the sun/temps even though it's been very cool here.

Thanks for the help!

JWTurfguy
07-23-2009, 12:33 PM
There's no attachment in your post.

shoota34
07-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Sorry,

I posted the same topic in the Commerical & residential Forum...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=283631

Thanks for any help!

tombo82685
07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
if that link was your soil report, your phosphorus is fine, your potassium is low. Also, your pH is very high, you need to get that down some.

shoota34
07-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Yes, that was my report.

What's the best way to lower Ph effectively?