PDA

View Full Version : granular Gallery

lilmarvin4064
07-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know of anything granular other that Snapshot or Portrait that contains isoxaben that is labeled for turf use? anyone use much isoxaben on turf? greendocotor?

greendoctor
07-24-2009, 03:17 AM
Sadly, I do not know of any professionally labeled granular isoxaben for turf use. Do not spread Snapshot in turf unless your goal is to prune roots. The other half of Snapshot is Trifluralin. My high anxiety weeds are actually things like prostrate spurge and oxalis. Pigweeds can be an issue as well. For that, I do well throwing the high label rate(1.33 lb/A) of Gallery DF in with whatever broadcast applied postemergent herbicide I am using for that lawn. Cost is not an issue. The issue is what happens after I have used up the max amount of AI and applications per year of the postemergent herbicides. DOA has put people on notice that in my area, the growing season is per calender year. Two applications of 2,4-D containing products is the law and 1 lb of dicamba total per year. Metsulfuron is not limited in that way, however I know better than to subject a lawn to that more than twice in a 365 day period.