PDA

View Full Version : tempo sc ultra

fastcat
07-23-2009, 09:15 PM
well i picked up some Tempo sc ultra today from jdl. i was reading the label to try and find out what to mix per gallon and it says for pest on ornamentals 45-160 ml per 100 gallon. thats a big gap. i will be spraying for bagworms and white flies tomorrow and need to know how many ml per gallon of water should i use.

fastcat
07-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Anybody............
Posted via Mobile Device

fastcat
07-24-2009, 01:28 AM
i think that i am going to mix it at 1.6 ml per gallon.

tremor
07-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Correct. You need a pharmaceutical syringe from the drug store. Parents of young children usually have a few. Keep the thing in a Ziploc bag marked "DANGER".

humble1
07-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Correct. You need a pharmaceutical syringe from the drug store. Parents of young children usually have a few. Keep the thing in a Ziploc bag marked "DANGER".

No he wont need that, the bottle is marked on the dispensor side for .8ml.
.8ml in a gallon of water knocks out everything ticks, ants, I slamed it into a nest of bald faced hornets last year and they dropped like a rock.

No phytotoxicity issues at .8ml under 85 deg

humble1
07-24-2009, 10:33 PM
well i picked up some Tempo sc ultra today from jdl. i was reading the label to try and find out what to mix per gallon and it says for pest on ornamentals 45-160 ml per 100 gallon. thats a big gap. i will be spraying for bagworms and white flies tomorrow and need to know how many ml per gallon of water should i use.

the 160 ml is the whole bottle at less than $40 a bottle your at .40 per gallon cost so its cheap.

I also like suspend sc and cy kick.

fastcat
07-24-2009, 11:11 PM
you mix at .8 ml per gallon i was going to mix it at 1.6 ml per gallon for bagworms and white flies should i back it off a little instead of doing 1.6 ml per gall.

also i was thinking about spraying inside the house and the perimater outside the house what is the best rate per gallon for this application. i have 2 dogs and a 5.5 month old daughter. this will be at my house only because i am not licensed for structural apps. while i am at it i might as well spray my yard and around the dog lot. i wish i could just soak the dogs in it.

fastcat
07-24-2009, 11:12 PM
the bottle is 240ml

Think Green
07-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Fastcat,
Remember the relative humidity factors and the outside temperature.
Humble is in MA. and he is in just a little different climatic zone than you are in NC.
Phytotoxicity would be my most worries. Applying early in the morning or later in the onset of evening will be helpful.
Does the label state the lower rate of 0.8ML being adequate for minimal knockdown or what?? I am curious---my labels for Bifen are different. Mine are in ML or Oz.---.5 oz. per gallon will do my tricks! I am so careful of the temperature inversions and humidity--don't want to replace shrubbery. After you treat the shrubbery, return in a couple of days and check the rate of kill. The bag worms should have had the time to come out and feed when it is cooler.
To get those white flies, make sure you thoroughly cover the upper and the lower surface of the leaves. Spray the stems--branches and trunk of the plants. They are easily disturbed and scared off, but will return to feed on the plants and walk through the residues. If the plants are in poor posture, seek fertilizing them to regain their vigor, with something like 12/6/6 with 2% iron.

humble1
07-26-2009, 10:31 AM
you mix at .8 ml per gallon i was going to mix it at 1.6 ml per gallon for bagworms and white flies should i back it off a little instead of doing 1.6 ml per gall.

also i was thinking about spraying inside the house and the perimater outside the house what is the best rate per gallon for this application. i have 2 dogs and a 5.5 month old daughter. this will be at my house only because i am not licensed for structural apps. while i am at it i might as well spray my yard and around the dog lot. i wish i could just soak the dogs in it.

What are you spraying for inside?
Smell is a little strong when I spray it outside the foundation, not sure how long it lasts Im long gone by the time it dries.

If inside you are looking to get spiders, I would dust with delta dust, Ants- baits would work, I like gourmet ant gel, and dupont advion ant gel for inside. Not sure if you can get termidor in your state but it kills ants the best. One ant contacts it and will spread it to 50 other ants to kill them, its like the ebola virus for ants:)

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
07-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Smell is a little strong when I spray it outside the foundation, not sure how long it lasts Im long gone by the time it dries.

Tempo SC? Maybe my nose doesn't smell that great anymore? I don't think it has any odor, other than a "elmers glue smell......

fastcat
07-26-2009, 12:14 PM
i have rollie pollies and spider mostly. if i spray in side what kind of stream do you spray with and what pressure. i have a mag 1 gun that i got form lesco for $50 bucks. it needed a new handle and they gave it to me with the gun.

Think Green
07-26-2009, 08:47 PM
When it comes to spraying inside my own home, I use a discarded, triple rinsed Windex bottle. This thing has a straight spray applicator built in. I use these to treat around base boards and doorways, under the sink, under the toilets, inside the heat and air areas, inside those hard to get attic ways. The bad thing is the constant refilling.!! I go to a one gallon sprayer with an adjustable nozzle and do the same thing inside if I need to do all rooms. I don't fully pressurize the container as it will push too much water out and get all over the place. This product is Microencapsulated and will not stain or smell as other leading brands like "Demon"!

Maybe I misread the original post, but I didn't read where it talked about spraying indoors anyway!!!! How did we get to this subject?? LOL!

Just a little simple way for indoors. Outside, I use the skid sprayer with adjustable nozzle!

fastcat
07-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I was just reading the label and you can use the tempo for indoors, outdoor paremiter, turf and ornamentals. My origanal reason for the post was for the mix rate per gallon for spraying bagworms and whiteflies on ornamentals but the wife has been wanting to know if I could do anything about the insects inside.
Posted via Mobile Device

humble1
07-26-2009, 11:06 PM
i have rollie pollies and spider mostly. if i spray in side what kind of stream do you spray with and what pressure. i have a mag 1 gun that i got form lesco for $50 bucks. it needed a new handle and they gave it to me with the gun.

Dust for spiders, you wont get them w/ tempo unless it is direct contact imo they dont groom themselves like ants do.

Think Green
07-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Fastcat,
You can use it indoors as labeled for light spraying.
I bought a webster from Wal-Mart to use on those webs on the ceilings and around corners of doors and window panes. Spiders are solitary and will not come into contact with the residual encapsulated dusts. Ants, roaches,other insects will cross the barrier and go scurrying behind appliances and furniture to die. This synthetic pyrethroid product will last 30 days or more in lit rooms--longer in the less light areas. If you have children, then place the things out of reach or from the areas of spraying. Even the residues can become attached to toys. I have treated monthly for the usual ant, flea problems. Fleas can be controlled by vacuuming daily, as the eggs are hatched with vibrations. Use a bagless vacuum and discard the contents each time outside in the trashcan. Spray the can outside for flies and other insects that like those areas.

Oh-! I apply that carpet material with an ovacide in it, and even place some in the tornado canister in my vacuum, so when we clean, the eggs come into contact with the powder. After discarding into the trash, some of the powder stays inside the vacuum.