PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart mowers?

fpg
04-17-2002, 10:23 PM
If you HAD to buy a push mower (not self-propelled) from Wal-Mart, which one would you get? They carry Murray, Snapper, Stanley, and Yard Machine. I'm leaning torwards the Stanley that has a 22" blade, 6 HP Stanley engine, rear-bagger, 3in1 system, and 3 year warranty for $249. You can see it at http://www.stanleymowers.com/main_prod_wb1.html

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Pat

Brickman
04-17-2002, 11:37 PM
You will find that most people on this site will lean toward commercial grade equip. We have all found out you get what you pay for.
How ever I would suggest that you pick which you like the best. Personally I wouldn't buy a mower at Wal Mart for what I do. But you probably aren't going to be putting the hours on that we do.

BobbyBcuttin
04-17-2002, 11:57 PM
fpg one question for you if you need this mower serviced or repaired were are you going to take it,if the dealers in your area are like my dealer he would turn you away 9 times out of 10 he will service only what he sells because his customers come first.

trimmasters
04-18-2002, 01:01 AM
Just what do you ever need to have serviced on a 21" that you cant do in house?

totallpm
04-18-2002, 02:00 AM
I would tend to tell you to go with the snapper. The stanley is made by someone but who. Stanely is a tool company. Stay with the name brand Snapper.

Kevin Totallpm

Catcher
04-18-2002, 07:30 AM
Given these choices I'd go to Tractor Supply Co. and pick me up a 5.5hp for $129.-
the rest of the cash would buy a lot of beer for afterwards.............

BobbyBcuttin
04-19-2002, 11:07 PM
trimmasters Go to your local dealer and see how many pushmowers he's got setting there waiting to be serviced i didn't say i would take one there but i bet 70 percent of homeowners do.

keifer
05-03-2002, 08:16 AM
The snapper is prob the best of them. but make sure any you get has a briggs motor. the stanly has a tacumpsa( i know that isnt spelled right) Dont buy it.

awm
05-06-2002, 09:20 PM
in my opinion the most bang for your buck is the murray w briggs an hydrostat..
its not commercial equipment but ive used one for three yrs at one time and it still did a fine job ,when i bought the lazer.if a homeowner practices good maintenance,it should be around for anywhere from 8 to 25 yrs depending on what u are doing. the one drawback to all this type mowers is no resale value.
this part could change tho, as facts catch up to old ideas and the public
figures it out.
ps i endorse only the murrays as ive not
owned the other cheaper models.
the murray was just a pleasant surprise to a fella who thought he knew it all for yrs ,and called them junk.that fella being me.