PDA

View Full Version : PJ Trailer Reviews (bolted rails)????

Bluegrass Landscaping
07-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Any reviews on PJ Trailers? I'm considering buying one, however I have a little concern over the fact the rails (& vertical members) are bolted rather than welded to the frame (http://pjtrailers.com/detail.cfm?ID=U7). Anybody have any experience or any thoughts on this design? It may be nice to have the option of removing the rails if a load is wider the 72". On the other hand, I want a strong, solid rail which which doesn't rattle or move while under way.

If I purchase this trailer, I would like to build some quality sides (approximately 2' above the top rail). Any pictures of similar trailers with wood sides would be much appreciated. I'm particularly interested in utilizing the stake pockets. In advance, thank you.

doubleedge
07-25-2009, 02:03 AM
I have had 2 PJ trailers, and I will continue to buy PJ.

KS_Grasscutter
07-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Mine rattle a LOT. Then again, I may just need to tighten them up...

rstan2010
07-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I have a 18 footer and its a great solid built trailer. Well worth the money I paid for it. Mine also has the bolt on rails and no problem at all.

coobie
07-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Any reviews on PJ Trailers? I'm considering buying one, however I have a little concern over the fact the rails (& vertical members) are bolted rather than welded to the frame (http://pjtrailers.com/detail.cfm?ID=U7). Anybody have any experience or any thoughts on this design? It may be nice to have the option of removing the rails if a load is wider the 72". On the other hand, I want a strong, solid rail which which doesn't rattle or move while under way.

If I purchase this trailer, I would like to build some quality sides (approximately 2' above the top rail). Any pictures of similar trailers with wood sides would be much appreciated. I'm particularly interested in utilizing the stake pockets. In advance, thank you.I have a 20 ft bumper pull PJ trailer.Great quality trailer IMHO.:usflag: