PDA

View Full Version : Quick Pro question

dave k
07-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I bought some Quick Pro from Tractor Supply, I bought it mainly to add to my Round up so it will show the results in 24 hours.
But from reading the instructions it looks like I can use this with just water and won't have to add it to Round up already mixed.
Is this correct ?
I know the Diquat gives it the fast results, any help is appreciated
Dave

lawnspecialties
07-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Quick Pro is Round-Up

dave k
07-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Yes I know that now, but when I purchased it, I thought it was just an additive to make Round up show its effects sooner.

93Chevy
07-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Roundup is isopropylamine salt of Glyphosate.

QuickPro is ammonuim salt of Glyphosate plus Diquat dibromide.

The Diquat is a fast acting non-selective non-systemic herbicide. The glyphosate is the systemic ingredient.

Simply put, it's useless to put QuickPro with Roundup because it's the same thing, only better. And water is cheaper.

dave k
07-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks, than I will take it back since I have plenty of Quick Pro (liquid) already
May see if I can get some diaquat to add to my RU unless it already has it in it.

bug-guy
07-25-2009, 09:34 AM
be carefull adding diquat to ru products. monsanto has spent alot of time figuring out the proper math to enhance the killing time while still get a complete kill. what i mean is if you add to much diquat u will burn the plant down too fast for the gly. to work and the plant will return more rapidly. if you already have some ru and want quicken the kill try adding some 21-0-0 sol. fert to the mix.

LushGreenLawn
07-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Excellent point bug guy.

I use scathe to mix with round up, there are instructions for mixing with gly to achive a proper burn down rate.

Scathe is an amino acid that burns the top part of the plant, mixed correctly it will allow enough time for gly to translocate into the roots.
Posted via Mobile Device

dave k
07-25-2009, 01:31 PM
be carefull adding diquat to ru products. monsanto has spent alot of time figuring out the proper math to enhance the killing time while still get a complete kill. what i mean is if you add to much diquat u will burn the plant down too fast for the gly. to work and the plant will return more rapidly. if you already have some ru and want quicken the kill try adding some 21-0-0 sol. fert to the mix.

Thanks, I would never had thought of it that way, I'll leave well enough alone!

Rlclawnguy
07-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Ive been using the Quick pro all year at different rates and dont seem to be getting good results. Assuming my guys are mixing at the instructed amounts there is very little dying going on. It does have a big range you can use for application. We are using back pack sprayers to apply. What are rate are you guys finding that works?

cod8825
07-29-2009, 10:34 PM
RL and Dave:

I use quickpro and RU with Sycthe very sparingly because of the cost factor. Quickpro is measured at 1.5oz per gallon of water most of the time when you buy the bottle it comes with its own measuring guide. I add just a smigen of LI700 and I have wonderful results. Most everything but nutsedge is browning the next day and completely friend by end of week.

Matt