PDA

View Full Version : Primo Landscaping Project Progress PICS

cbass139
07-24-2009, 09:52 PM
I have just started to take pictures of some of the work we do. I am a new small Landscape design build company. I've learned alot through this site and have found an abundance of valuable resources throughout this forum. I am a young guy and still have alot to learn and love taking on bigger projects. I would like to know how people coordinate bigger projects as far as daily job sheets or what method works best for you guys.

NewHorizon's Land
07-24-2009, 10:32 PM
What is your base made of? Finished product looks good, but the base has its issues. Check out ICPI.org for details on proper methods.

cbass139
07-24-2009, 10:55 PM
i have 12 inches of 3/4" hardpack with geogrid between my base and hardpack. i did a final screed on on my base and have an inch of concrete sand as my final screed. i overshot my base quite a bit they still have to put their final topcoat of asphalt and will cut into my walk the picture is a bit deceiving what you are looking at is just the end result of screeding over the end of my base.

cbass139
07-24-2009, 11:00 PM
this picture kind of shows where they still have to come in closer on the flare and meet up with my walk after all my construction is complete

cbass139
07-24-2009, 11:13 PM
this picture kind of shows where they still have to come in closer on the flare and meet up with my walk after all my construction is complete

NewHorizon's Land
07-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Post 1 pic 5. I do not see any sand.

ParkviewNursery
07-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Good concept, but not feeling the other walk on the opposite side, thats just me.

Mid-Ohio Scaper
07-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Love the idea! Looks great. But.............
I would have reworked the walks meeting at the circle to join uniformly and blend or butt the walks to the circle the same for all three walks. Giving it a more formal look. JMO
Other than that keep up the good work!:drinkup:

One more thing. You need to talk that homeowner into a water feature inside the circle!

mhilton
07-25-2009, 06:25 PM
No Screenings for bedding

Twitchy
07-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Woulda made the walkway as wide as the steps off the house. Also no screenings looks like you have water issues already. Cool design though.

4 seasons lawn&land
07-25-2009, 07:33 PM
nice work!

zedosix
07-26-2009, 09:09 AM
on the opposite side of the circle is where I would of flared the walkway and run it straight down the middle, its a bit off centre the way it looks now. Not so inviting you know. These mistakes are easily seen when a plan is drafted first. Did someone drive over the soldier course on the outside edge. Looks like its not level there. Keep up the good work.

PatriotLandscape
07-26-2009, 05:15 PM
it looks like you used screenings for one part and sand on the other. that is definitleyt not sand in that pic mostly stone dust.

cbass139
07-26-2009, 08:14 PM
yes we had finished with some stonedust unfortunately we were grabbing material at a small yard and they had no sand. this project was drafted and it was constructed accordingly. I agree that the layout would have been nicer if they were to both take off from center but our second entrance wouldnt have allowed us unless we were to do some curves which would have been neat... Will take into consideration on the next one! All pics were taken before poly sand and final compaction of the pavers .. I appreciate all the feedback i will keep posting as the job progresses. I have granite risers and walks accompanied by some walls going on in the back that we had started this week.

NewHorizon's Land
07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
suggestion for your "flares to the circle"= take a 3/4" or 1/2" pvc pipe and make the curve. put the spikes in to hold it in place then place the border and cut as needed so most of the paver if not all is touching the pipe. then in lay the field. this is the easiest way for people learning to figure it out.

AztlanLC
07-27-2009, 04:21 PM
the last pic where the sand police is complaining about the stone dust something that works for me better when I use to use sand or stone dust snap a line with chalk line and you won't have that string in your way all the time.
I like the concept too and also agree about the curve where the paths meet

JoeyD
07-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Looks awesome!! Let me know if you need any help doing some lighting!

cbass139
07-28-2009, 12:08 AM
I will definately take you up on that when i have some finished pics we can surely talk... i have talked to him about lighting but he wants to get the initial install in then add on after. MAJOR PAIN IN THE A$$ but i will work with it.

nc-jrock
07-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Sand police:laugh:. Nice job please put up somepics when you are finished.