PDA

View Full Version : Oh the comments from customers...

LB1234
07-24-2009, 10:43 PM
This one takes the cake...

Get a call from one of my good customers last week and they inform me that the driveway was just paved and to please be careful not to drive on it with the mowers. No problem, show up and all the yellow caution tape is across the driveway and the like. No problem. Week goes by and we show up for the next service...no caution tape, two cars parked in the driveway. When I serviced it the second time I made sure when I did drive on the driveway I didn't make any turns, simply drove straight across. She comes out of the house to stop me on the mower and asks that I don't drive over the driveway. I said no problem but the caution tape is down and I see that you have your cars parked in the driveway. Here's the kicker...her response, and I quote, "Yes, but the tar guys told me how to properly turn my wheels so I don't put the burn marks in the new driveway."

Showed up this week to service the lawn and guess what??? Swirly marks all over the driveway where she pulls into her garage. Crap just cracks me up. Just when you thought you heard everything the customers provide you with more humor.

jnrogers
07-24-2009, 11:10 PM
I bet those tar guys were laughing the whole way home. What an idiot she is. If she is a friend of yours no offense, just my opinion.

STIHL GUY
07-24-2009, 11:14 PM
she didnt realize that a ZTR doesnt weigh nearly as much as a car???

Paul's LC
07-24-2009, 11:29 PM
some people.....lol

Tom'sLandscapeDesign
07-24-2009, 11:53 PM
she didnt realize that a ZTR doesnt weigh nearly as much as a car???

Or that a ZTR dosent have to turn by scrubbing it's wheels

LB1234
07-25-2009, 09:05 PM
don't get me wrong. I love that customer. She has us do a lot of extra work and after she receives the bill the check is in the mail with zero complaints. she is a bit of an air head though (obviously!!).

bohiaa
07-25-2009, 10:19 PM
don't get me wrong. I love that customer. She has us do a lot of extra work and after she receives the bill the check is in the mail with zero complaints. she is a bit of an air head though (obviously!!).

had a lady that I really didnt want as a customer. But I gave her the benifit of the doubt... after providing service the 3 rd time. she calls, " when I'm on a 4500.00 Job. and says your guys hit a plant with the weedeater. I say no problem we will simply replace the plant, and thank you for calling.

She said NO, I want you t ocome over and look at it, I told her that it's ok I belive you, she said, well it's NOT dead but it's damaged. I said sorry we will replace it, she said forget it I will get some one else. I told her be sure to cancel our service in writting and there is a 10 day notice.

she said what ever, so we serfviced her proptery when we were suspose to. she called the police. they couldn't stop us. we sent her the invoice. she refussed to pay. we sued. she said to the judge that I would'nt come and look at a dead plant......

I think this lady just wated to *****. and I wouldn't play her game.
however when we went to court. " why she showed I dont know" the judge made her look very foolish.

he asked why didn't you pay. he killed my plant.... why didn't you pay....

she hasn't payed yet. there is about 1 more week before we can put a lien on her proptery.

I informed her. we WILL SUE you.... dont make us do that. it will be VERY expensive on you...

BUT NOOOOOOO. she just had to show her ass a little bit....

again... DUHHHHHHHH

topsites
07-25-2009, 11:00 PM
It is funny but a lot of that, nowadays, I just play the game...
Don't go on the driveway, new pavement, ok, got it.
Call me about it, then drive yourself over it, hey, no problem, your driveway.

You know what I mean?

I don't even pull my truck into people's driveway :laugh:

had a lady that I really didnt want as a customer. But I gave her the benifit of the doubt... after providing service the 3 rd time. she calls, " when I'm on a 4500.00 Job. and says your guys hit a plant with the weedeater. I say no problem we will simply replace the plant, and thank you for calling.

She said NO, I want you t ocome over and look at it, I told her that it's ok I belive you, she said, well it's NOT dead but it's damaged. I said sorry we will replace it, she said forget it I will get some one else. I told her be sure to cancel our service in writting and there is a 10 day notice.

she said what ever, so we serfviced her proptery when we were suspose to. she called the police. they couldn't stop us. we sent her the invoice. she refussed to pay. we sued. she said to the judge that I would'nt come and look at a dead plant......

I'm not entirely unsympathetic but why do YOU gotta be a pita too?

Because I also really didn't care that you were on that SOOOO important $4,500!!! job either...
Don't let us little folks disturb you now, hear? :p

Anyhow I'm just giving you a hard time, peace out, it's all good.

johnnybravo8802
07-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Yea, I put out some straw this week for one of my regular customers-37 bales. We are in the middle of the job and she brings a piece over and tells me it looked dry and crumbly and "won't last". "I like large needles with an orange color!!" She says it like I am just going to rake 37 bales back up and go run all over town trying to find better straw. I had a great idea to sneak over there with some orange spray paint and spray all of the straw to give it that "orange color." :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LushGreenLawn
07-26-2009, 12:27 AM

I think this lady just wated to *****. and I wouldn't play her game.
however when we went to court. " why she showed I dont know" the judge made her look very foolish.

he asked why didn't you pay. he killed my plant.... why didn't you pay....

she hasn't payed yet. there is about 1 more week before we can put a lien on her proptery.

I informed her. we WILL SUE you.... dont make us do that. it will be VERY expensive on you...

BUT NOOOOOOO. she just had to show her ass a little bit....

again... DUHHHHHHHH

Couldn't you have just simply offered to look at the plant at a later time, by your post it dies not sound like she was demanding you come over immediatly. Sometimes you have to work with people just a little bit.

93Chevy
07-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Here's the kicker...her response, and I quote, "Yes, but the tar guys told me how to properly turn my wheels so I don't put the burn marks in the new driveway."

Showed up this week to service the lawn and guess what??? Swirly marks all over the driveway where she pulls into her garage. Crap just cracks me up. Just when you thought you heard everything the customers provide you with more humor.

Don't ever believe that a woman will learn how to properly turn their wheel. Always, always, always, turn the wheel while the car is still in motion. You won't burn that way, but don't expect anybody to learn that unless somebody sits down and shows them.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

WGLandscapeMaintenance
07-26-2009, 05:02 AM
Don't ever believe that a woman will learn how to properly turn their wheel. Always, always, always, turn the wheel while the car is still in motion. You won't burn that way, but don't expect anybody to learn that unless somebody sits down and shows them.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes that is very true! I'm not sexist in any way, but it is the truth that women are terrible drivers, actions before they think about it.