PDA

View Full Version : Alarm for trailer

unkownfl
07-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Is anyone using a alarm for there trailers? I was thinking of putting a battery inside. I have a 6x12 enclosed trailer and about 10k in equipment that I would like to keep safe. The only thing I have going for me is neighbors. I already chain the trailer to the ground and have good locks on it, but a alarm sure would help me sleep when I go on a cruise next month.

South Florida Lawns
07-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Dude no one pays attention to alarms going off anymore. If I were you I'd be putting Lo Jack on that trailer.

Az Gardener
07-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Do what you want, if they want it your toast. Friend of mine recently had someone take a sawzall to his trailer, they came right through the side. I back my ramp up against a bunch of stuff so you can't open the door a wall would work better. I park so tight to my shop that you can't get in the shop or trailer door I park the next trailer the same way with less than a foot between so you cant get to that door either. But they can still cut through the side if they wanted. A big steel pole cemented in the ground would also do the trick.

ProMo
11-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I had equipment stolen from my trailer 2 times last month and I am installing an alarm system that has door sensors, shock sensors, tilt sensors and if they try to take the trailer it will lock up the brakes. It has a gps option but there is a monthly charge as well as the gps component. The unit has a 12v battery and is charged by a solar panel on top of the trailer. The company that makes them has worked out a solution for working while the ramp is open by hitting a toggle switch to turn off the door sensors and activate a motion sensor.

ProMo
11-13-2009, 03:43 PM
almost finished with install have to wire to brakes an install the motion sensor.

rlitman
11-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Do you have an alarm system in the building next to where its parked.
If so, you could put a wireless motion sensor inside, and if someone gets in, it would alert the central station monitoring. Those things have surprising range.

ProMo
11-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I have thought of hooking up a device to spray pepper gas onto my alarm system but I need to make sure I dont get myself