PDA

View Full Version : Mulch kit and blades

KirbysLawn
04-18-2002, 01:26 AM
I picked up my mulch kit today and asked for 2 sets of blades. The blades I got are flat, without the hump in the middle like the blades that came on the mower. I'm figuring this will make it mow 1/4" higher but what about cut?

I mowed the first lawn tonight and had some clipping coming out in clumps. I also noticed that some grass had not been cut. I'm wondering if the flat blades are causing the tips to be too high above the deck>

Should this be a problem or is this what I should expect?

excel25
04-22-2002, 11:25 PM
Was waiting to see your reply befor I order a mulch kit for mine. Got the Bac Vac works good.
Dennis

excel25
04-22-2002, 11:28 PM
Ray......I was waiting to see what response you got befor I order a mulch kit. Got the Bac Vac and that works good!
Dennis

KirbysLawn
04-25-2002, 12:57 AM
Well I was curious any answers? I installed it last week but quickly removed it due to large clumps coming from under the deck, it's back in the box for now until I figure out if it's the blades or what.

Artman
04-26-2002, 10:45 AM
You have the wrong blades. We have a choice of Gatorô blades or high-sail blades that will work much, much better for mulching. Without knowing what deck you have, I cannot tell you the part numbers, but your dealer can get them for you.