PDA

View Full Version : black medic

wurkn with amish
07-25-2009, 10:25 AM
how would you get rid of black medic and yellow woodsorrel in low growing sedum? W/o handpulling. Its all over the place, andthe people that live there are in their 70's and I don't maintain it. I'm going to suggest the brush roundup on the leaves somehow????????

wurkn with amish
07-28-2009, 06:34 PM
bump

JDL suggested a low rate roundup application at an ounce per gallon. Try it on an inconspicuous area first to see how it does.
Anyone ever try it?

humble1
07-29-2009, 11:27 PM
how would you get rid of black medic and yellow woodsorrel in low growing sedum? W/o handpulling. Its all over the place, andthe people that live there are in their 70's and I don't maintain it. I'm going to suggest the brush roundup on the leaves somehow????????

I would brush it or sponge it, there is a wand with a sponge roll at the end, i forget the name, prob find it in gemplers.

ted putnam
07-30-2009, 01:27 AM
bump

JDL suggested a low rate roundup application at an ounce per gallon. Try it on an inconspicuous area first to see how it does.
Anyone ever try it?

Ric spoke of using low rate Round Up apps for some weed control and "chemical mowing" I'd like to, but never have experimented. I've thought of experimenting with a low rate of R-Up and Sencor combo to see it's effects on Dallisgrass as an alternative to MSMA. Sorry I'm not much help on Black Medic. It looks much like Lespedeza we have here. I use manor on it with excellent control. Not sure if Manor(Mansion) can be used in cool season turf.

RigglePLC
07-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Black medic is an annual--dies in fall--use a pre-emergent next year. Some of the oxalis is annual--but some not.

Volman
07-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Ted--- Let us know how the r-up & sencor works. I was thinking of trying the same thing

wurkn with amish
07-30-2009, 05:21 PM
yeah, didn't get them their snapshot on time so the medic exploded.