PDA

View Full Version : Gear or Hydro

greenngrow
04-18-2002, 06:19 AM
I presently have a TC33D with hydro. Looking to get another tractor and was wondering about getting a gear tractor this time. One to save money , two to have more digging power. What are your suggestions?????

southside
04-18-2002, 07:59 AM
I believe the boxes in those units (gear) are constant mesh.
If you're doing a lot of loader work it'll drive you nuts. Burn out
a few clutches too. In that size range,go for the hydro. If you need more digging power start using low range or get a bigger
tractor.

:blob3:

Lawn Man 5
04-24-2002, 08:56 PM
I f you do a lot of mowing, and there is a lot of trees the best way to go is a hydro. I think it would take twice as long to mow withe a gear than a hydro. I mow With a 955 John deere, and it has a Loader on it. We got about 1000 hours on it and haven't had any problems. We're pretty hard on it to. We move stone amd dirt every day.

Darryl G
04-24-2002, 09:23 PM
Ditto on the hydro - I've got the next smaller Deere than Lawn Man (855). Great for loader work, tight spaces and especially when loading my truck. I can inch it along until my brush guard in 1 inch from the truck and not have to worry about my foot slipping off the clutch and crashing into it.

ddl
05-01-2002, 08:55 AM
Buy a tractor to match your needs. If you want to do more digging
and such, buy a tractor larger with more weight. If it is gear or hydro does not make as much difference as weight when you are digging.

Dan l

Gordon
05-11-2002, 08:53 AM
If your going to be doing loader work the HST is the only way to go. The added cost of the hst is well worth it in the added production that you can put out. To me loader work is where a HST excells. Any work involving forward and reverse quickly is the HSTs bread and butter. Crop farming or rotary cutting large fields is where a gear tractor really excells.

If you want more digging power then you have a few options. First and least expensive is a bolt on tooth bar for the bucket. A very good investment.

If it's the loader on the 33 not being strong enough to pick up a large bucket of material then you would be best to step up in horsepower.

What type of loader work are you doing? Are your tires loaded?

Gordon