View Full Version : pond refill

Lance Takara
04-18-2002, 05:49 PM
Is there a pond refill (or remake) valve to top up the water level automatically?

I've seen one that works like (and looks like) a toilet bowl float. Is there a more compact valve around that can be hidden better in a small pond?

David Gretzmier
05-07-2002, 12:03 AM
aquascapes sells one for around 20 bucks that is about a foot long float and works pretty well, but hard to hide without a skimmer. pondsweep makes one smaller, about 8.5 inches, but be careful, dont try to bend or adjust, they break easily and are around 40 bucks. you could rig up a toilet valve, but hard to adjust. sharper image sells an electronic one that is made for pools that sits on the side. I have not tried it, but it appears to be an elegant solution for around 100 bucks. Good luck. Dave g

05-07-2002, 09:26 AM
Yes I believe its hidden in the skimmers on the aquascapes ponds

Many others on this board can deffinatly guide you more than I can, but thats where Ive seen them and would place one myself.. other pond type kits assemblys I would just suspect that its hidden in the pond somewhere somehow by aquatic plants or rocks/boulders etc..
hope this helped

dan deutekom
05-07-2002, 06:36 PM
Another option that I have used is to go to the farm supply store and use a Stock waterer refiller valve. They come in many styles. I have found one that is in a 6" x 6" x 6" black box that has mounting flanges in convenient spots and a 3/4 inch hose thread inlet. It is easy to hide and works well.