PDA

View Full Version : How should I? account

joneslawnserv
07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Ok having a hard time selling myself to people. So i have an idea, cause i still have a full time job, and they just got rid of Ture Green. So i want to get the account. I talked to the GM about me doing the lawn maintenance he didn't say no but he didn't say yes. So im thinking i need to push him hard. True Green was charging them $500. This would be my first account and i know it would be great for me to get it cause it would be good money and it would be a reference for future accounts. How sould i go about this? Any ideas at all? Should I charge the same price? What can i do

HOOLIE
07-27-2009, 01:24 PM
I would suggest taking an honest look at your selling approach. Salesmanship skills are not often discussed on this forum, most guys seem to take the "they either want me or they don't" mentality. A good start would be to determine, are you better selling in person, or on the phone, or maybe even via email? Whichever method is your strong suit, use that method to make the initial contact with the potential client. Myself, I was a telemarketer in high school and college, I'm probably 20 times more effective on the phone than in person. So, I always call everyone back first :)

Determine the key reasons why a customer should go with you...draft a script of what you'll say. Come up with good answers to their most commonly asked questions. People like to do business with people they like, for the most part. Come across as someone they'd want to do business with, and that's 75% of the battle!

badaspsvt
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Make sure your company will even allow it's employees to be hired as outside contractors as well. Many corporations do not.

hackitdown
07-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Ok having a hard time selling myself to people. So i have an idea, cause i still have a full time job, and they just got rid of Ture Green. So i want to get the account. I talked to the GM about me doing the lawn maintenance he didn't say no but he didn't say yes. So im thinking i need to push him hard. True Green was charging them $500. This would be my first account and i know it would be great for me to get it cause it would be good money and it would be a reference for future accounts. How sould i go about this? Any ideas at all? Should I charge the same price? What can i do

He didn't say yes or no, well what did he say? Did you tell him that you would like to give him a written bid on the work? Ask him to discuss the details of the work, and how, when, and why he would like the work done. Take notes, and use the notes to describe the work when you write up the bid.

Basically, ask the GM what you need to do...don't ask us.