PDA

View Full Version : Repainting a truck

South Florida Lawns
07-27-2009, 01:21 AM
My ford is white and my enclosed trailer is silver, I'm considering painting my truck to match the trailer. There are too many white dump's around my area and I wan't my truck to stand out from the rest.

My question is who has repainted their truck and what company did you use? I'm thinking about macco. How rough is their econo job? Should I spend the money and do it right? What can I expect price wise (rough estimate) for an 08' CC 550.

vgshopboss
07-28-2009, 09:46 AM
My folks are in the autobody business, and have re-sprayed a couple trucks for the boss here. An el-cheapo job, without painting the engine bay, door jambs, floor boards, etc. was about $2k. I guess if you just want it silver, go to Maaco and spend the thousand, personally, I would just leave well enough alone.

Stillwater
07-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't know this for fact but woulden't a budget boy maaco color change lower the value of your 08?

South Florida Lawns
07-28-2009, 12:55 PM
This is a work truck only its got crank windows and vinyle seats, when I'm done with it it won't be worth much so I'm not to worried about resale.

Stillwater
07-28-2009, 05:31 PM
oh ok hit maaco then you can save money if you remove all the trim yourself just tell them make it silver make it cheap.

Marek
07-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Maybe just put a wrap on the cab ? Looks great and when you are done just peel it off. Should be under your 2 k number also.

Gravel Rat
07-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't go to a cheap body shop. The white trucks are meant to be painted any fleet colour.

I don't know about you a F-550 crewcab with a dump body here is a 58,000 dollar truck or it is here I wouldn't be putting a cheap paint job on it.

If you really want to repaint it do it right.

TXNSLighting
07-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Im still waiting to see pics of this truck..

SNAPPER MAN
07-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Personally I wouldn't waste your money on it because I always here you talking about how much you hate your enclosed trailer. Your enclosed trailer will be shot in a year or two so just wait it out and get another black open trailer to pull behind this truck. Thats just what I would do instead of wasting your money on paint. Spend it on something that will make you money or you can have fun with.

Petr51488
07-29-2009, 12:05 AM
I wouldn't do it. You can ALLWAYS tell when a car has been painted again. THe color is NEVER right. My dad bought a 2008 SL550 AMG that was totalled and fixed it up. Mercedes doesn't sell paint so he had to get it done at a body shop. The color just doesn't look like the original. I know this isn't an 80k+ car, but anytime you get something re-painted, it doesn't last, nor does it look good.

slamjamrockinman
07-29-2009, 02:06 AM
I wouldn't do it. You can ALLWAYS tell when a car has been painted again. THe color is NEVER right. My dad bought a 2008 SL550 AMG that was totalled and fixed it up. Mercedes doesn't sell paint so he had to get it done at a body shop. The color just doesn't look like the original. I know this isn't an 80k+ car, but anytime you get something re-painted, it doesn't last, nor does it look good.

Agreed, my buddies truck was in an accident before he got it and was repainted, you can easily tell it is not factory and if you look closely it does not look that good at all. I would take snapperman's advice and wait to see what your trailer situation is in the future. Just my .02.

South Florida Lawns
07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
The wrap deal sounds interesting tell me more! Can this be done by a local sign company?

I may still add a box truck next year and can the enclosed. Still I hate the color white its too plain and boring I wan't a clean truck that stands out.

Gravel Rat
07-29-2009, 07:20 PM
This is what a vehical wrap can look like.

Mini Bins is a member of another site that I'am banned from just like many others here :laugh:

Here is his truck and its a wrap on the the truck.

www.minibins.com/index.asp

nnj18
07-29-2009, 10:53 PM

I disagree, lots of guys here have custom paint jobs and they look really good.

Ryan, I'd look into a wrap on the '08.

Petr51488
07-30-2009, 12:09 AM
I disagree, lots of guys here have custom paint jobs and they look really good.

Ryan, I'd look into a wrap on the '08.

Theres a difference between custom and factory. You'll never get a paintjob to look like it was off the showroom.

South Florida Lawns
07-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Those wraps are what I need! I'm going to call around this afternoon to see whats available. I'll keep you guys posted.